Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Mooren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everybody,

I have two questions:
First, when I play a political card on the pile for future events, do I get the victory points only once or each turn?

Second, what happens if the military cards of a given age are up before the civil cards are? According to the rulebook the next age begins when the civil cards are up, so that the military cards of that age are replaced with those of the next one. Do the new cards also come into play when the military cards are up or do you have to wait until the civil cards pile has run empty?

Thank you,

Dirk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1) You get the points at the time you play the card onto the future event pile. If in a later turn you play another card onto the future event pile, at that time you would get the points for that card. Cards already sitting in future events generate no points.

2) I believe that you just shuffle the discard pile and make a new military deck. Though since our group has started correctly playing that you can draw at most three cards per turn we haven't seen that happen anymore, I may be fuzzy on the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Just once.

You reshuffle the discard pile. Note that is separate from the resolved events, which go into the box.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocMo wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have two questions:
First, when I play a political card on the pile for future events, do I get the victory points only once or each turn?

Every time you play a future event. You get points only for the card you are currently placing on the pile, not for any previous card you put there (those cards are not "yours", they have no "memory")

DocMo wrote:
Second, what happens if the military cards of a given age are up before the civil cards are? According to the rulebook the next age begins when the civil cards are up, so that the military cards of that age are replaced with those of the next one. Do the new cards also come into play when the military cards are up or do you have to wait until the civil cards pile has run empty?

If the military deck runs out simply take the discard pile and shuffle it to make a new military deck.

Two things to keep in mind regarding the military discards: First, military cards are always discarded face down. Second, past events DON'T go into the military discards pile (that's why you have a "past events" pile, so you don't accidentally put them back into the deck if you have to reshuffle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Melkus
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DocMo wrote:

As others have said only once, no one addressed your idea of getting points each turn. NO, you do not move your culture per turn marker for a future event played. That way people would have over 30+ points per turn just from the events they've played.

I'm guessing you are still in the advanced and not in the full game.

And your second question has been answered in full by previous posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Melkus
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
2) I believe that you just shuffle the discard pile and make a new military deck. Though since our group has started correctly playing that you can draw at most three cards per turn we haven't seen that happen anymore, I may be fuzzy on the rule.

It is not uncommon to run out of military cards if you're playing a four-player game, and people have a lot of military actions and thus have 3 unused almost every turn. To be honest in this scenario it will happen almost every time. But four-player games with strong military focus are not that common among groups, so I guess not many groups run out of military cards. It happens often to my group when we have four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bobmelkus wrote:
jsciv wrote:

It is not uncommon to run out of military cards if you're playing a four-player game, and people have a lot of military actions and thus have 3 unused almost every turn. To be honest in this scenario it will happen almost every time. But four-player games with strong military focus are not that common among groups, so I guess not many groups run out of military cards. It happens often to my group when we have four players.

I feel like the deck runs out in just about every 4P game I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
BagelManB wrote:
bobmelkus wrote:
It is not uncommon to run out of military cards if you're playing a four-player game, and people have a lot of military actions and thus have 3 unused almost every turn. To be honest in this scenario it will happen almost every time.

I feel like the deck runs out in just about every 4P game I play.

Fair points: we've mostly been playing three player recently so it's probably just the timing of that that conflated things for me. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jeff Chunko wrote:
Just once.

You reshuffle the discard pile. Note that is separate from the resolved events, which go into the box.

ninja

Actually, they go to the "Past Events" pile, which is specifically there to separate them from the usual military discards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.