Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lamenting the fact that the new card backs are red and blue, instead of green and purple, when I had a brainstorm...

I could double-sleeve the new Android: Netrunner cards with old Netrunner cards in back! I believe they're both the same size, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reed makamson
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
I think certain companies will make custom sleeve backs. i know they have then for MtG and L5R. anyway, i like the new card backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my Corp/Runner decks in purple and green deck boxes, for nostalgia purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Double-sleeved cards are a real pain. Even harder to shuffle, take up way more space, and usually are inconsistently filled. Don't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
reebomak wrote:
I think certain companies will make custom sleeve backs. i know they have then for MtG and L5R. anyway, i like the new card backs.

You know, Netrunner "Classic" sleeves for this game would be so completely awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lam
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up two of the FFG deck boxes (red and blue) but use the old Purple Corp and Green Runner cards in the windowed section of the deckbox. Brings back fond memories...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanderval wrote:
I picked up two of the FFG deck boxes (red and blue) but use the old Purple Corp and Green Runner cards in the windowed section of the deckbox. Brings back fond memories...

How are those deck boxes by the way?

Did they debut at GenCON?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like them. They hold 1 runner and 1 corp deck really well. The bottom part won't hold all the various counters, but if you have 2 boxes you can put everything but credits in the bottom of one and credits in the other and it works. I got one before GenCon so I don't think they were new at the con. No idea how long they've been out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Did they debut at GenCON?

I haven't used them personally, but I believe they came out in May or June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lam
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them so far, they fit nicely in the Core Set box if you flip the insert over to create to areas to hold cards. I like it because my decks won't get mixed in with my unused cards. Eventually I'll probably have to toss the cardboard insert to make room for all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Trent
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than fearing change, do you actually have a legitimate dislike of the new card backs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exceptio probat regulam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cetiken wrote:
... fearing change ...
It's not a crime to like the back colors and patterns of cards you've played with for 20 years.

NR players aren't scared of A:NR ... but at least one is really tired of the hostility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lam
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never said I disliked the new card backs. However, unlike with the old Netrunner cards, I don't have two spare Android: Netrunner cards I can leave in the windowed section of the deck boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Webster
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanderval wrote:
I never said I disliked the new card backs. However, unlike with the old Netrunner cards, I don't have two spare Android: Netrunner cards I can leave in the windowed section of the deck boxes.

Best argument for a second core set I've seen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that was for Asmor who wanted to double sleeve his cards sohe could look at the backs of his old cards while playing with his new. That is just odd to me. I mean REALLY odd. If you prefer purple and green get colored sleeves. It'll make your life easier and your decks less clunky.

I am curious what is wrong with the regular backs of the cards, but not in a "I'm challenging you" sort of way. Being primary colors people tend to react more positively to red and blue than purple and green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.