Magic Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Dreaming of Magic Realm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a dream last night, and I thought I'd share it here.

About six people were gathering to play a board game, and as I listened I got the impression they might be interested in a variant that I had either found or created and then stored away. I ran off to find it.

Sorting through piles of games in my closet, I finally located this Magic Realm variant. It was a simple set of rules--something suitable for people who don't play MR.

When I returned to the table, the people had finished setting up and were about to begin. They seemed interested, so I began to explain the MR variant. I showed them the character cards and told them how they can be used in this other game.

The other game on the table that they were about to play? Monopoly!

It was some kind of fantasy-themed Monopoly, but it was still just a roll-and-move game. Yet my rules provided a way to let players use the MR characters and some of their abilities during the game. I thought of it as a way to introduce newcomers to the game--pique their interest. And some people at the table did look interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And how does it make you feel?

Tell me about your childhood...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you actually pulled out a copy of Talisman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.