3 Posts

Modern Naval Battles: Global Warfare» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Si Tyler
msg tools
mbmbmb
Youngest while trouncing me with his Chinese vs my JMSDF this afternoon asked three questions and I have a fourth

1. As I played Bomber Strike (and then discarded the requisite 2 cards)and then played superior tactics to duplicate the card he asked if I needed to discard an additional two cards? Look of horror on my face and he smirked........What is the answer?

2. Can the defending player play battle tactics if held as a defensive action?
3. Can the attacker play an intel card to stop a defenders action card. I know an Intel card can be played on an intel but can it be used to stop a defensive card.

4. We have struggled getting a "random" selection from the card deck when drawing. Other than selecting cards from random points in the pack are there other solutions. We have thought about alternate draws with the person needing the most drawing first.

Si

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The smirk was right! ;-) superior tactic just is a copy of a card - all conditions need to be met for it as well.. (discard, weapon symbol, range etc)

2. Only the attacker may play Battle Tactics

3. No - an attacker may only play intel on a defenders intel.

4. What-ever works for you - we shuffle pretty heavily when all the cards in the deck have been used - and pretty heavily between games... still you will get some cards randomly making for good/bad hands - part of the game challenge is dealing with that...

p.s. Have you noticed the great difference in play between 2 sides and 3 plus sides?
In a 2 sided game you will usually get a chance to re-inforce and re-organise each turn.. in a 3 plus side game - often the player with carriers/command ships will find themselves ganged up on to strip them of their row 1 and 2 ships so another player can target the row 3 ships before you get a chance to replace your screen... of course that makes it easier for otther players to sink high Vp ships.. which makes for interesting play dynamics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another way of dealing with 4/..

get the player not busy playing cards to shuffle the discard deck every once in a while - it should make the big shuffle when cards exhausted or between games more random... and it would keep them from smirking at the look of despair on my face.. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.