England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
A Heavy Tackle performs a tackle on a player holding the ball, wins the tackle, yet rolls doubles. Does the ball fumble from the Heavy Tackle square, or the other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the Heavy can malfunction on a tackle attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
navajas wrote:
I don't think the Heavy can malfunction on a tackle attempt.

FUMBLES

NOTE: In a tackle involving a Heavy Tackle (or both of them) the ball is fumbled if ANY of the dice rolled result in the same number.

A Heavy Tackle that is carrying the ball, is moving, is in a tackle, or is involved in a hand-off, and any 2 dice rolled result in the same number regardless of whose dice they are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Redmon
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We'll see.
badge
Bro, why you so mad?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that the fumble would be two places from where the Heavy stands. I won't claim to know this for certain, nor can I cite the rules to that end. My logic is that since the Heavy won, he took possession of the ball before the fumble occurred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JrStrange wrote:
I would imagine that the fumble would be two places from where the Heavy stands. I won't claim to know this for certain, nor can I cite the rules to that end. My logic is that since the Heavy won, he took possession of the ball before the fumble occurred.

I am inclined to agree.

From the rulebook:

Quote:
When the ball is fumbled, the coach of the team not in possession of the ball at the time of the fumble places the ball onto any empty square within two spaces of the player who fumbled the ball.

It would be unfair, and one-sided, if the Heavy Tackle player won the tackle, and also got the opportunity to decide on the fumble distance/direction when he himself erred. It's bad enough the other player lost a team member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would disagree and think that fumble is resolved instead of possession not after.

So instead of
1st step: tackle person with ball
2nd step: possession is established
3rd step: fumble resolved

it is
1st step: tackle person with ball
2nd step: possession is established only if no fumbles happen. If a fumble has happened then possession has not been established with the person making the tackle and the fumble is resolved from the person being tackled with the ball.

Thematically the Heavy tromps in and hits the player so hard that the ball pops out, (IE you have a much greater chance of getting a fumble with heavies, 1. because they hit hard, 2. they aren't hand's people..)
I believe, NOT Heavy tackles, grabs the ball, then looses the ball because he has butter fingers (This happens when you are trying to run the ball down the field with a Heavy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.