Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was looking up on articles for Lords of underearth and came across one I didn't know about or ever saw mentioned. There is supposed to be an article in Interplay Magazine issue No. 2 that has the designer talking about the scenario notes for the game. I was wondering if anyone had this? Seems like an interesting read.

Anyone have it? Is it interesting? What do they mean by "Scenario notes" exactly? Is it like design notes specifically for each scenario that the creator came up with?

I already have the Errata and designer notes from Space gamer magazine which is pretty good.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, the author states: "Each scenario represents an event in Underearth's 'history'. Each is a tactical situation which is completely different from any other scenario."

Then follows two pages of notes which introduce and discuss strategies for each scenario in further detail.

The article ends by noting that other scenarios were developed and play-tested but dropped from the final release (such as a multi-player assault on a strong, prepared Dwarf defense).

Unfortunately no additional scenarios are included but a table of stats for about 10 new unit counters are given (covering companies of elves and various monster types).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Parsonage
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any possibility of posting this here? I'm re-doing the map and counters, and want to make a set of these new units to complete the gameset.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, check your PM. Looking forward to the new counters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria-Rene V.
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
porkbelly wrote:
That's right, the author states: "Each scenario represents an event in Underearth's 'history'. Each is a tactical situation which is completely different from any other scenario."

Then follows two pages of notes which introduce and discuss strategies for each scenario in further detail.

The article ends by noting that other scenarios were developed and play-tested but dropped from the final release (such as a multi-player assault on a strong, prepared Dwarf defense).

Unfortunately no additional scenarios are included but a table of stats for about 10 new unit counters are given (covering companies of elves and various monster types).

Did the article happen to list a point cost for the new units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.