Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son is currently obsessed with Galaxy Trucker...I blame the gents at Shut Up and Sit Down who introduced it to him. My question is this...would he actually like it? He currently plays just about everything I put in front of him but he really enjoys Rune Wars, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Wiz War, and did like his one play of Mage Knight (the board game). He does love sci fi themed anything so I'm not worried about the theme...its the mechanics. He is 11, been playing games for almost all his life, and has yet to find a game he can't figure out at some level. Before I worok a trade or have him spend his own hard earned bday gift cert to the FLGS...help me out...will it actually be as good a time as Paul and Quinns made it seem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that if he is already obsessed with it, he'll love it. It's the type of game where you really have to be in the right mindset to enjoy it fully, and if he's already liking the concept, he'll have a blast. That's the way it was for me. The mechanics aren't too difficult for the game - the most difficult thing is building your ship and remembering how to connect all the different pieces (and knowing what they do). If he doesn't mind chaos, I think this will be a winner.

But then, I'm biased - this is one of my top two favorite games of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this seems like the kind of game that kids might actually beat adults at (once they are old/physically coordinated enough to play it, which it sounds like your son is). The thing some kids (heck, some adults) might find frustrating is having their ship getting smashed up - kind of like having your sister knock over your lego tower - but if he's already aware that this kind of thing happens and is excited to play it anyway, I'd say go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My 6-year old loves this game more than any other I own, and he has become quite good at it. Our only issue is that he wants his ships to be perfect, and refuses to play quickly enough to risk making a suboptimal ship. (He also usually has too many batteries, but that's another issue).

Anyway, I would highly recommend the game for your son.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.