Popular Tags: [View All]
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Is the warping of board and cards that is seen on Marco's review common? It seems pretty bad.

Does someone who has this issue get a replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I can confirm that I myself have some tile warping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards are a bit bowed, but that's quite common in new cards. I wouldn't call it a problem, and I'd expect it to go away with use.

My boards are perfectly flat. I also ordered 3 extra sets of all the boards from Auggie's, and they're all perfectly flat as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wahn
Germany
Detmold
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My two sets don't have warping at all. In Marco's review he stated they started to warp after they were taken out of the box, which seems weird...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought both faction packs, and have no warping of the tiles - that being said, I hardly have any games with warped tiles (even games where it is stated as a common problem). Maybe it is something to do with the climate in my neck of the woods...

However, I wouldn't worry too much about tiles warping. It gets raised as an issue with almost every game ever released! Press 'em, store 'em in the box with a silica gel pack, and you should be fine.

Of more concern to me was the absolutely p*ss-poor paint jobs. They are the worst pre-paints I have ever seen, and I have quite a lot of pre-painted plastic in my house!

Of course - poor pre-paints shouldn't put you off a game either. Poor paint jobs are usually better than no paint jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Of more concern to me was the absolutely p*ss-poor paint jobs. They are the worst pre-paints I have ever seen, and I have quite a lot of pre-painted plastic in my house!...

Funny, based on the videos I would have said that they are pretty decent. Of course, we might have different standards - or it doesn't show on the vids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
horlaci wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Of more concern to me was the absolutely p*ss-poor paint jobs. They are the worst pre-paints I have ever seen, and I have quite a lot of pre-painted plastic in my house!...

Funny, based on the videos I would have said that they are pretty decent. Of course, we might have different standards - or it doesn't show on the vids.

They really aren't - check this thread for more of my opinions on the quality of the components, and a few pictures of the paint jobs (along with some picture of some good pre-paints for comparison purposes).

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/829556/dungeon-command-lolth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have minor tile warping from my HoC. Also cards bowed a bit. Love the game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
My tiles do not bend but the tiles from Sting of Lolth sit very loose when you put them together. You can wiggle them back and forth for some mm. The tiles from Heart of Cormyr fit much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.