Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game 3-4 months ago, loved it from start so now I have all the expansions except Massing at Osgiliath and Shadow and Flame. But will get those soon

All the cards are sleeved and each category in its own zip bag:
- heroes
- one zip bag for all the quest cards
- two zip bags for each sphere (the cards dont fit in just one anymore)
- one zip bag for neutral cards
- one zip bag for each encounter deck. - so all the "spider symbol" cards in a bag, all the "torch symbol" in another, etc.

This makes setting up a new game very fast, takes under a minute to find the encounter cards and set them up.

But today, when I got my last 5 AP I ran into my only problem with the game: storage space! My cards dont fit anymore in just the Core box + Khazad expansion.
I had to replace the Khazad box with a cardboard box I have from a small netbook. It does the job, but looks like crap.

Anyone else has this problem? If yes, how did you fixed it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I have all the expansions available, and they all fit in the core box. Not sure if The Hobbit will fit anymore, but so far the main cards (all sleeved) fit just fine.

I purchased 6 of those FFG plastic card holders which holds everything except a good portion of the Encounter cards (I need two or three more), which are just in the middle of the box. Each of the boxes has some room to spare for expansions. I'm also using 3 of those grey token containers that came with the boxes (the other three are in Descent), still fitting comfortably in the main box.

When I get to my office, I'll take a pic for you.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HolyGigi wrote:
But today, when I got my last 5 AP I ran into my only problem with the game: storage space! My cards dont fit anymore in just the Core box + Khazad expansion.

Anyone else has this problem? If yes, how did you fixed it?

Get rid of the inserts! I can only assume you haven't done this already, if you're running out of space. If you're really attached to them, you can also invert the core set insert so you get 2 rows of storage instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little blurry, but you get the picture:

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that's really cool. Thanks for the picture, guess I know what I'll order next.

And yeah, the inserts never made it passed the first day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hughes
Australia
Surfers Paradise
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invest in a second core set - you know you want to, and this is just the excuse you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
I have everything up to S&F and do not find storage a problem.

I keep all the player cards in the core box + the core quest cards + the insert.

I keep the Khazad-Dum quest sets in the Khazad Dum box.

I keep all the AP quest cards in the matching AP box. 2 columns of six boxes lined up neatly against the wall.

When the player cards outgrow the core set box i imagine i'll just toss the insert and will be fine for the next few years.

I keep my current player deck, current encounter deck, token bag and threat tracker in a carved wooden box. I had it since i was a young to store crap in. It hadn't been used for over 15 years but when i unearthed it from a cupboard recently i realised it was PERFECT for storing cards in, and just what i had been searching for. I could fit in a another player deck if i wanted but i only really play one handed solo.

Just had a look on line and they are still being manufactured:

http://www.get-eco.co.uk/epages/BT4290.sf/?Locale=en_GB&Obje...

This box is highly recommended for keeping your current playset handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally order the packs from Miniature Market, and the boxes they ship them in turn out to be just the right size to hold a whole cycle of sleeved encounter cards. I have a box with the core encounters and all the mirkwood encounter cards, a box with Khazad-dum and the dwarrowdelf cycles, a box with prepared decks, and I use the core box to hold the rest of the player cards.

It's getting hard to find things in the massive player card stack though, so I'm probably going to move those to card sheets soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are really nice card boxes out there. This is how mine currently looks like.

This really works well for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
A little blurry, but you get the picture:

-shnar

I should not with this, the way the boxes are lined up it's just a hair too big for the cover, about 10 cm or so above where the box cover normally sits.

Also, why on earth can't FFG produce a PURPLE one of these boxes ?!?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
MADG0BLIN wrote:
There are really nice card boxes out there. This is how mine currently looks like.

This really works well for me.
Totally stealing the idea to use the AP boxes as dividers. Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.