Subject: Canceled my Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've canceled my Abomination pledge as soon as people mentioned the manual was rubbish (Not putting up with another Super Dungeon Explorer manual) and balance issues. I'm a tad annoyed that they can't refund me on my original payment so I get screwed on currency conversion and paypal charge. Does anyone know if this is true that you can't be refunded on Kickstarter or Amazon Payments? Surely that is against consumer law?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't want the game, you should have sold it on eBay, you could actually make a hefty profit since Abomination packs are very sought after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of surprised you can even cancel it at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
could of but just wanted to cancel it in case I also ended up with a hefty customs charge. I think a few UK buyers are in for a shock. I just felt the early signs were the manual is pants and I already got stung off Coolmini on Super Dungeon can't make out the manual Explorer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I am kind of surprised you can even cancel it at this point.

I can't imagine they can stop you as you have rights as a consumer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The complaints about the manual are highly overrated. What practically everyone is saying is basically "The manual is not very well structured, but that doesn't detract from playing the game, and the game is bloody fun". I've only seen a couple of people actualy say that the manual is a big problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it was too much of a chance for the cost ending up with a game that fell short of the mark for £100. I'm still a tad cheesed over the mess they made of SDE for the cost. I hoped they sorted it for their next game but a few have said about the manual so that really put me off and balance issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
Surely that is against consumer law?

I would actually be surprised if the opposite was not true. Your pledge probably counts as a contract to pay. If a project had to worry about people being able to back out AFTER project end it would be impossible for the project manager to rely on pledged funding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
United States
Phoenix
Oregon
flag msg tools
The in-box manual really didn't differ that much from the digital one they sent out. You could have read it over yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Drittz wrote:

I would actually be surprised if the opposite was not true. Your pledge probably counts as a contract to pay. If a project had to worry about people being able to back out AFTER project end it would be impossible for the project manager to rely on pledged funding.

Even more than a contract to pay. It is a contract already paid. I don't expect that the company has any obligation to refund the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair to the game, and CMON...

1. CMON is a publisher, not the game's maker. Zombicide has nothing to do with Super Dungeon Explore, beyond its distribution model.

2. It would be a real shame to only base your decision on people's panic-mode knee-jerk response to the rules, as they were without the context of anyone having played it. Tons of people have the game now, and you'll find plenty of real session reports and reviews. If you still want to cancel, i'm sure they'll find some way to oblige, but at least you won't accidentally get remorseful for cancelling it and finding out it was a decent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Kickstarter was more an investment than a purchase, which I would say count your lucky stars they let you back out.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MindDetective wrote:
The in-box manual really didn't differ that much from the digital one they sent out. You could have read it over yourself!

Didn't know they released one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I thought Kickstarter was more an investment than a purchase, which I would say count your lucky stars they let you back out.

-shnar

Not really pretty sure I'm covered by law in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mb
Posted on the Kickstarter page of the game;

Quote:
One of our Backers decided to give up his spot for the games shipping this week, so if you've got a friend that still wants to pledge, now's his or her chance! It'll ship after everyone else is taken care of, but still only $100 plus a chance to get all the other promo stuff!
We're doing a mini-raffle for this spot - just get your interested buddies to drop an email to kickstarter@coolminiornot.com by midnight EST August 21st and we'll pick one random person to get a CKPM link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
MindDetective wrote:

Didn't know they released one

Zombicide Kickstarter update #58 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide/...(16 July) announced the release of the pdf rules...surprising you missed that one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh I'm so on it!!!

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Luxmoore
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
jakecarol wrote:
Drittz wrote:

Even more than a contract to pay. It is a contract already paid. I don't expect that the company has any obligation to refund the money.

I agree - also (in my limited understanding) Kickstarter explicitly isn't a purchasing tool, it is a donation tool where many participants offer free perks if you donate at certain levels. Sure it is functionally equivalent to a preorder system in the case of many products but that isn't at the core of it. When you pledge at the abomination level you are donating $100 and getting the game/minis/etc perks as a reward rather than purchasing the game/minis/etc directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Drittz wrote:

Not really pretty sure I'm covered by law in the UK.

What British law is it you think you think you're covered by? I'm aware of no British law which allows you to make a donation, under a formal contract, and then get to demand it back just because you changed your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to say that I received mine on Thursday and played it three times over the weekend. One of the most fun times I've had gaming with my husband! It would be a shame to miss out on this game just because you think there may be some issues with the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played this four times since it arrived ten days ago. It is a great game. You made a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully it's a mistake I can cash in on!

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get the rules complaints. No, its not a great rulebook, but it gets the job done. I had no problems with it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
Posted on the Kickstarter page of the game;

Quote:
One of our Backers decided to give up his spot for the games shipping this week, so if you've got a friend that still wants to pledge, now's his or her chance! It'll ship after everyone else is taken care of, but still only $100 plus a chance to get all the other promo stuff!
We're doing a mini-raffle for this spot - just get your interested buddies to drop an email to kickstarter@coolminiornot.com by midnight EST August 21st and we'll pick one random person to get a CKPM link!

E-mail sent! Thanks for that notice, P4g!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some people fail to understand what kickstarter is. In it's most true and simple form... You choose projects to donate money to. The projects offer rewards for pledging donations to them for helping them raise money to get their project going.

A handful of people believe they are consumers purchasing a product with a specific delivery date. Be it they are mistaken or have chosen to twist and manipulate it in their own minds till it is so. The only result has been nothing less then slanderous(I suppose libel since it's printed). I've read some awful and some twisted posts on the backer page on zombicides kickstarter page. It's unfortunate, it really is a great product, though not perfect.(if anyone knows of the perfect board game please recommend it to me, pleeeeease.) just check my collection list first. I pleased to have been a backer for the zombicide project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.