Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game yesterday and really enjoyed it. Seemed a little too short. Was wondering how some people would feel about maybe for a 2 player game to end it if 4 or 5 pieces were at the top instead of 3 or maybe 3 of your pieces get to the top? Now I know the hand limit is out but when people get gold how should it be divided out. Does the person take 1-10 or 2-5's or 10-1's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No ideas. My 2 player games haven't been that short with all of the markers starting all the way at the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
During the game, the most gold you can get is 3, except for when you win an auction for gold. In this case, if you win 10, I think it is better not to take 10x 1. The spirit of the rule that I wanted to keep is: maintain a general balance and don't hoard any one denomination.

As far as changing the game ending event, I say give it a try. My aim in making games is to make them shorter rather than longer and I found the current rule would usually produce about a 15-20 minute game, which is what I wished for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.