Hide
9 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding combat/pinning w more than 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S1N SEI
msg tools
Player A has 2 cruisers in a system. Player B moves in with an interceptor. Player C moves in with an interceptor. Combat starts, and B and C fights first. They both retreat with their interceptors, as their goal was just to pin the to cruisers of player A..
Q: Do they both "escape" the cruisers this way, or has one/both of them have to stay and fight the cruisers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Vajcovec
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Sounds legit to me, assuming they both have a legal hex to retreat to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sentro wrote:
Q: Do they both "escape" the cruisers this way, or has one/both of them have to stay and fight the cruisers?

Retreats happen in initiative order. So assuming that B and C have identical initiative on their ships, in that scenario B would be the "defender" and act first, so C's interceptor would not yet have retreated by the end of the first combat and would have to fight A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Vajcovec
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good point! The battle would technically end before the last ship finishes its retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jelle Kaptijn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But (on a sidenote) do the two interceptors pin both cruisers? Because in all possible outcomes player A has to fight just one interceptor. I should think that just one of the two cruisers is pinned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The possible outcomes do not matter. The cruisers are facing two enemy ships, so two of them are pinned. In this case it's fairly simple, but having a rule like that would complicate the game a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S1N SEI
msg tools
Thank you for clarifying this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jelle Kaptijn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i don't see all the complications, but i think it is playable. You could state that just the number of ships are pinned as the number of ships of your most numerous opponent in the hex. It sounds even logic when you imagine that the ships of your opponents are watching each other and you at the same time. Your extra ship could thus simply sneak out. But i have to submit to the rules. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just so much clearer that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.