Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It should have been a milk run, a stroll down Baker Street; a quiet gutting of the few wandering z's we knew would be there. Swing into the pharmacy for the meds we heard were still shelved and then run like hell for the Wall before they knew we were there. It should have been a milk run...

It was me, and Ned, and Wanda...joined up with Nick, Cholo, and the Kid, Dave. Something wrong with that kid. But he was Nick's nephew and he wanted to teach him something....I knew that kid would be trouble...

Right off the bat the Kid runs into the biggest nearby house to look for "toys". Ok, he found a few. And yeah, there were just a couple walkers that Cholo knocked off without breaking a sweat...but we could hear what was happening in the back of the building and we got out of there fast. Wanda opened up a small house close by and went in to take care of anything inside. Ned and me followed her in (just to see if there was anything worthwhile), with the Kid playing in the street. Nick and Cholo head up towards the pharmacy to grab the meds (and probably hold out half on us later). The house was full of stuff and it seemed we had made a killing...poor choice of words as things turned out....

The skags were out, but not bigtime. We could hear Nick's pistol and Cholo's shouts as his machetes hacked up the zeds. The four of us were spread thru the house when it happened. Out of nowhere, out of the corners, alleys, basements the skags came out on the street. A fattie, a couple runners, waves of walkers...Ned, Wanda, the Kid, and me gathered back at the open door, prepared to head out. Then the zeds RAN.... and Nick and Cholo were buried. Somehow they seemed to be holding their own...when that THING walked into the fight. Bigger than any fattie I had ever seen. Tossing aside walkers too slow to get out of its way. It ripped Nick's head off and the wave closed in again on Cholo. He was yelling for help. Ned and I looked at each other and shrugged: the first rule: Cut Your Losses. The Kid sat on the floor with his back to us. Wanda screamed an obscenity, spat, turned on her blades, and wheeled out into the scrum. The last we saw of her was her chainsaw slinging swirls of zed brains into the air.

Now the Kid finally moved. He stepped through the door and hurled one of his contraptions right into the middle of that horde of sh*ts. They burned with a gorgeous crackle! There could be no thought of meds now, only escape. There was just one way out...through the back door of the house and almost straight out to the Wall. We made a last pass through the rooms as we gathered in the back. There were deadheads scrabbling at the backdoor, but the coast was clear otherwise. We voted that the Kid should open the ball: he knocked off the last bar on the door, pulled it open and threw a hot ronson into the group in the street, frying them where they stood. The way was completely clear. We could have pushed a baby in a stroller from where we stood to the Wall and stopped for lunch on the way....if the zeds hadn't.... MOVED like I'd never seen....and then again! The room we were in filled up. We choked on the stench! They swarmed in from the street and from the front door, coming down the halls, through the walls...we knew we wouldn't get out of this. The Kid pushed a z on top of me to get away...I shoved a knife up its throat and shoved it back onto him. Somehow I managed to slip out of that room. I don't know how. When I got out the door I found the Kid behind me. He had taken a hell of a beating. Ned was yelling but there was nothing we could do. The Kid had one bomb left. I swear he was smiling as he threw it into that room...Then I ran for it, shooting down a couple walkers in my way. I made the Wall, jumped to catch the top and pulled myself up. Looking back I saw the Kid running just ahead of a swarm. Then they caught up and buried him....I was about to jump behind the Wall when he yelled and I saw that he had slipped out and ran up. I thought about kicking him in the face and feeding him to the zeds....but there were just too few of us left, even to give up a creep like him.... so I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

As we collapsed on the other side I knew I should mourn...Nick, Cholo, Ned, and especially Wanda....but God help me, all I could think of was that for the first time in nearly a year there would be enough rations for dinner....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This! What Zombicide is all about for me, great write up. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice write up... Needs a few photos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fantastic write up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.