Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Hudson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't seem to prohibit the Knight from protecting the Siege Engine, but it seems to break the game if it is allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markhu wrote:
The rules don't seem to prohibit the Knight from protecting the Siege Engine, but it seems to break the game if it is allowed.

Off the top of my head, I don't see why not. I clearly remember that knights can be used to protect soldiers, so why not the opposite? Unless the card says it can only be played "inside the walls" or something like that.

I don't see why it would break the game, as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why playing a Knight onto a Siege Engine will break the game, especially with the more players you have. But even in a 2 player game, you could follow the Knight with the Enchanter and immediately send back the Knight.

Also, the Soldier vs. Siege Engine battle is just one strategy to pursue in the game. There are other ways to get rid of your cards and win the game.

Did you have a specific scenario in mind where you thought this would break the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hudson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get the knight off the Siege Engine?
The rules for the knight always seem to assume that he's in the castle, and the rules for the siege engine seem to assume that they aren't protected by anything. So I am left extrapolating that if the wall facing that "knighted" siege engine gets filled up, then the knight goes away, but the siege engine remains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.