Subject: Mandatory Events as card draws during action phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Rousselle
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
If a mandatory event is drawn during the action phase (Knights of St John or Indulgence Vendor), is the card placed in the discard pile (after giving the appropriate CP value) without triggering the event? or does the event still occur?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
JGRno5 wrote:
If a mandatory event is drawn during the action phase (Knights of St John or Indulgence Vendor), is the card placed in the discard pile (after giving the appropriate CP value) without triggering the event? or does the event still occur?

I'm wondering if you're confusing "Mandatory" with something else since both examples you give are not mandatory events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
In the cases cited, the 2 CPs are added to St Peter's without the Event occurring; the Mandatory Event is being discarded, not played.

N.B. The OP is asking about a Mandatory Event drawn from the Ottoman's or Protestant's hand by the Events listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rousselle
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Thanks, Dave. You are correct. I was asking about cards drawn from the Ottoman or Protestant hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fawr
msg tools
mbmb
The rules don't say to put the card in the discard pile, but don't say anything about playing them (manditory events or not). So I've just been discarding them.

The rules seem very specific about what you can and can't do with a manditory event, so I wouldn't think this was an oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFawr wrote:
The rules don't say to put the card in the discard pile, but don't say anything about playing them (manditory events or not). So I've just been discarding them.

The rules seem very specific about what you can and can't do with a manditory event, so I wouldn't think this was an oversight.

They just get discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.