Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
badge
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably overlooking this in the rulebook, but when a card says something like

"Destroy a minion with power [X] or less"

does [X] refer to a minion's base power (i.e. what's printed on the card) or to the minion's CURRENT power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing current power for everything, though most of them only last until the end of the player who played its turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Current.

We felt that allowing anything to target printed stats was a level of complexity we didn't want in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
badge
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response, sir.

I've been really enjoying the game and can't wait for the expansion factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Raitz
United States
Washington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Has this rule changed now, since shapeshifters look at the printed card value? I know past discussions on the forum say you apply all power modifiers to determine if it should be destroyed or not (see raptor discussion). I thought this gave too much power to Bots and lessens the power of the Pirates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
wvlibrarydude wrote:
Has this rule changed now, since shapeshifters look at the printed card value? I know past discussions on the forum say you apply all power modifiers to determine if it should be destroyed or not (see raptor discussion). I thought this gave too much power to Bots and lessens the power of the Pirates.

No it hasn't. The developers just realized how ridiculous the SS would be if the mimics copied modified power so they specified printed power. For example Apes can get their minions power up very easily and having a mimic (or 2 or 3) raising it's power up at the same rate (10+, 20+) would be obscene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.