Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All
I have a few siege questions, so thanks to all that answer. I have read the rules about siege several times and cannot figure out the exact rules. I may be reading too much into this.
1. Do you play a card to conduct a siege?

2. If not, then do you conduct siege roll then have the option to play a card?

3.Let's say I'm Rome (4CU and Camillus)and play a 3 ops card, move into Neapolis. There are 2 Greek CU and Agathocies in Neapolis, they withdraw into the walled city.. Rome moved 1 space from Tarracina...I still have 2 ops left. Would Rome place the 0 siege marker on Neapolis and conduct 2 additional op? or could I use the 1 op into Neaoplis, place the 0 siege marker then roll on siege table? Then play my 2 additional ops?

4. Can the 2 Greek units and Agathocies leave Neapolis once they have moved in behind city walls....I think once they commit themselves behind a walled city, they cannot leave???

I don't think there is an example of a siege in the rulebook, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. Really enjoy the game but have not played for a while.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Basically yes. You need to activate a force to conduct siege. At the end of every game turn there is an opportunity to conduct a free siege that doesn't require a card play.

2. I don't understand your question.

3. It doesn't work that way. If you activate Camillus with a 3 OPS card, all OPS are spent to move him. For conducting the siege with a siege roll another activation - thus card play - is needed.

4. The Greeks may move by sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Harmonica
Yes, question 2 is confusing, let me clarify and i think you have answered the question.

In other words, can you conduct a siege then play a card. I believe you mentioned that you play a card by conducting a siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
No. During Action Phases, only an activated leader can conduct a Siege, so a card must be played to conduct a Siege. Once per turn, during the Siege/Surrendar Phase (after all Action Phases have been completed), the player may conduct a "free" Siege without playing a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave. That makes sense.I think I have it now. The BGG war game community makes life easy for a rule book reading disabled person like myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.