Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
fyeahgamesandgrub.tumblr.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this game up at GenCon and have been playing it non-stop ever since.

Although Zombies seem to have the highest win percentage in our group, I'm pretty partial to the Ninja/Trickster combination.

What are your favorite combos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My least favorite to play against so far in the Ticksters/Wizards combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not a faction pairing, but at Gen Con we had

Hidden Ninja > Chronomancer > Mass Enchantment > Terraforming

So the base changed identities right before it scored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Zombie pirates with the base that gives +1 VP when your minion is destroyed on it. Load of with cheap zombies then hit em with a broadsides. I am 2-0 with that combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kali Fitzgerald
United States
Black Earth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a combo of factions, but Robots are pretty effective on the Plaza Mall, at least until someone throws a jamming signal on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles carper
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I love Zombie pirates with the base that gives +1 VP when your minion is destroyed on it. Load of with cheap zombies then hit em with a broadsides. I am 2-0 with that combo.

I played Zombie Ninja's on that base. It got very ugly very quick. Played the z guy that comes back. Used ninja assassin to kill him. Brought him back to kill him again. (only had 2 of those in my hand) Then used Disguise to replace that ninja with 2 minions I had in my hand. Repeated the process all over again. After it was all said an done I think I got almost 6VP from recursion and killing my own guys. Then everyone wised up and took the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Schlosser
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing Dinosaurs/Wizards if anything just for how thematically ridiculous that combination is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon D
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Crafts keep me sane.
badge
New recruit to the spoonie army.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed Zombie Dinosaurs and Trickster Wizards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ample Soul Physician wrote:
I love playing Dinosaurs/Wizards if anything just for how thematically ridiculous that combination is.

This combo right here is awesome. I really enjoy this combo because it gets everything you need out and fast. I had the score break on 2 bases in only 3 turns on one of the games. I've drawn this combo twice and the second time I had it the other players ganged up on me because I was scaring them coming out the gate swinging each time.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
fyeahgamesandgrub.tumblr.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizard Aliens is quickly climbing my list of favorite pairings. Played a 3P game last night and bounced the Invader(?) enough times to get 11VP before he was done in by a pirate.

Drew through my deck, got another one, placed it on a base and terraformed it to Cave of Shinies FTW.

Still love this game.

Really eager to try Ghosts/Zombies, Plant/Zombies, Steampunk/Tricksters, and Pirate/Bears when the expansion comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trickster/robots and basically anyone with the zombies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Moore
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I find that Bear Cav/Steam Punk is fairly powerful. Although I feel that Bears are a bit too powerful in some cases. Mushroom Kingdom/High Ground for example. Played that, then You're Borscht on a stacked up pile O robots. bam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizards/Time Travelers is insanely good. I went through 75% of my deck in one turn with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Hubert
msg tools
Bears/Wizards were awesome last time I played!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smashup Fanatic
msg tools
Time Traveling Aliens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Bloom
United States
California
flag msg tools
I gotta say that my favorite combo by far is Zombie Plants. The ability of plants to search for cards in your deck and zombies to play cards out of your discard... its crazy good. You use sprouts to find your z's first, so you have them most of the game, which is half the battle with this deck already. I've never lost a game with plants zombies. so op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleric Time Travelers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
After ten game played with Smash up and over 9000, I would say that my favourite combo is wizzard /bears with a close second Zombie/ghosts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G beau
msg tools
Time Travelling Geeks. I just played a game and it was a very powerful combo especially with the force of will and Will Wheaton card, best to combat Aliens or Bears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Cassara
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
I have a few favorite combinations; I like to keep most games fresh, but if I'm given a choice I usually go with:
NinjasWerewolves
RobotsMythic Horses
ZombiesPirates
InnsmouthWizards
And as anyone who plays the game knows, Killer Plants work well with literally everything (especially Zombies).
Killer Plants are total bacon haha I almost feel lke I'm cheating when I use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never allow people to pick their factions, so you get stuck with the hands we are dealt. That said, the two most recent combos I have enjoyed were:

Robots & Elder Things: Crazy combo that helps you get out the Elder Thing very quickly.

Robots & Ghosts: Initially does not seem like a good combo at all. Turned out to be amazingly effective due to how quickly you can play/discard cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.