Subject: Pricing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Strattanville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game really looks like its right up my alley when it comes to games I enjoy but the price tag is a bit much.... i know I know its a good game and worth the price but with 3 little ones I can't quite justify throwing down 100 bills on this game. Is it realistic to think that this game will come down in price with further print runs or will it forever be out of my grasp?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HannibalofBarca wrote:
This game really looks like its right up my alley when it comes to games I enjoy but the price tag is a bit much.... i know I know its a good game and worth the price but with 3 little ones I can't quite justify throwing down 100 bills on this game. Is it realistic to think that this game will come down in price with further print runs or will it forever be out of my grasp?

thanks

If you get it online when the next print run hits, then you can probably snag it for closer to $65-70. I think it'll be a little while until the prices get much lower than that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
HannibalofBarca wrote:

thanks

If you get it online when the next print run hits, then you can probably snag it for closer to $65-70. I think it'll be a little while until the prices get much lower than that...

I just got my copy today. I won it an auction on BGG hosted by John Jumpshelf. With free shipping, it came out to $85 even...which is what I'd expect to pay for the third print run from an online store after factoring in shipping. So yeah, you can probably knock off $20 or so, but I highly doubt you'll get this game for less than $80 when all is said and done (no matter when you buy it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HannibalofBarca wrote:

thanks

MSRP won't come down, but it'll be easier to get it at a discount once this year's crush of demand is satisfied by additional print runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HannibalofBarca wrote:
with 3 little ones I can't quite justify throwing down 100 bills on this game.

So you automatically have 3 people to play against?!? Dude, all the more reason to get it! Just make sure they don't try to eat the influence disks, they kind of look like candy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Trein
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrRednek wrote:
HannibalofBarca wrote:
with 3 little ones I can't quite justify throwing down 100 bills on this game.

So you automatically have 3 people to play against?!? Dude, all the more reason to get it! Just make sure they don't try to eat the influence disks, they kind of look like candy.

No they don't!

Ok, a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
DrRednek wrote:
Just make sure they don't try to eat the influence disks, they kind of look like candy.

*burp*

What?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered mine a few months ago (2nd printing) and I think I got it for $75. It was a bit difficult even paying that but after playing it I don't feel that way anymore. It's a great game, pretty easy to play, but it has a lot of depth to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.