Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My best session report ever:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/844861/clone-wars-campaign-4...

I earned 4.2gg for that, which just makes me wonder... what are the GeekMods looking for in a 5gg session report? Apparently, 80% of GeekMods thought that was only worth 4gg. Or maybe some thought it was worth less. What about you? What do you think it takes to earn 5gg for a session report?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as an added bonus, this thread also serves as a thinly disguised effort to drive traffic to a session report I put a lot of work into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
This session report had too many pictures, too many details. It really made me feel like I knew what the game was about and therefore may have spoiled the experience of actually playing it. Maybe you should have thought of that before you ruined the game with this overly thorough and comprehensive re-creation of how much fun the game must be to play with an eye-bending assortment of pictures. Dammit, now I am so angry I wish I could take some of that 4.2 gg that you don't deserve and give it to someone that wrote a thoughtfully terse paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion if you get above 4 you got as much gg out of a session report or review as you can.
Also most of the award fluctuation has more to do with who is geekmodding than it does with the quality of the submission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
In my opinion if you get above 4 you got as much gg out of a session report or review as you can.
Also most of the award fluctuation has more to do with who is geekmodding than it does with the quality of the submission.

I agree with you about how it is. I think this is the first time I've been above 4gg, and I'd be shocked to ever get much higher. It wasn't really a complaint - I'm just curious what people think would be worth 5. At 4.2, that means most people thought the session report wasn't.

FWIW, I don't geekmod that often, but the last 5gg I voted was for the guy who posted his GenCon tournament-winning Android:Netrunner deck (currently still on the front page). It wasn't really even a session report, but I thought it was incredibly valuable for anyone interested in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
This session report had too many pictures, too many details. It really made me feel like I knew what the game was about and therefore may have spoiled the experience of actually playing it. Maybe you should have thought of that before you ruined the game with this overly thorough and comprehensive re-creation of how much fun the game must be to play with an eye-bending assortment of pictures. Dammit, now I am so angry I wish I could take some of that 4.2 gg that you don't deserve and give it to someone that wrote a thoughtfully terse paragraph.

I think my irony detector needs tuned. I was a full two sentences in before I picked it up. But here's a GG anyway. Let me know which thoughtfully terse paragraph gets it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
frumpish wrote:
WHY don't they 'direct' these toward those of WHOM would "B" very 'interested' the BEST & MOST, through whatever were *denoted* from within their Profile indications? It also required they interact much more to enjoin & enjoy this overall, too eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
WHY don't they direct these toward those of WHOM would be very interested the BEST & MOST, through whatever were *denoted* from within their Profile indications? It also required they interact much more to enjoin & enjoy this overall, too eh?

So what you're saying is that GeekMod could look at the GeekModder's profiles and feed them toward reviews and session reports that match up with their preferences. Is that correct? Even after stripping out the GROGnads formatting, I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was modding, I'd give it 5.0GG. A lot of pictures, the text was well laid out and relevant and not dashed off.

Seriously, there's plenty of five line session reports that get approved. Sad. This one was a five, no doubt. Protest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
FlyingArrow wrote:
So what you're saying is that GeekMod could look at the GeekModder's profiles and feed them toward reviews and session reports that match up with their preferences. Is that correct? Even after stripping out the GROGnads formatting, I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
"CLEAR as London Fog!"
laugh~"Parallel Lines of THOUGHT!"
~"Yes, LINES never MEET!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TOO long maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
TOO long maybe?

Could be. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I approve, I mod with 5 .

sue me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Severe lack of home renovation related bodily harm, flaming eyeballs, and wicker baskets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, I think a lot of the time (okay, most the time), modders are rating not just the article, but the game.

Best session report or review in the world, that would otherwise totally get 5 stars, will often get a reaction of 'oh, this game looks stupid, I'm not reading this - article looks well put together, though, guess I'll give it 4 stars'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
"CLEAR as London Fog!"
laugh~"Parallel Lines of THOUGHT!"
~"Yes, LINES never MEET!"

That seems like a decent idea, actually. It might slow down modding quite a bit, though, if there aren't enough mods with a particular interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nice work, it was great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
FlyingArrow wrote:
That seems like a decent idea, actually. It might slow down modding quite a bit, though, if there aren't enough mods with a particular interest.
Well, yeah, 'moi' would certainly concur that we didn't WANT those to 'get': "any further 'retarded' upon their 'duties'!"; as some 'inhibitor' robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.