Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I can't believe this one. shake Or have I missed something?

Act 1 Ettins have:
Minions: surge + 2 damage
Master: surge + 3 damage

Act 2 Ettins have:
Minions: surge + 1 damage
Master: surge + 2 damage

You can't tell me that that is not a printing error. But I guess it stands because no mention of an Ettin correction in the Errata. And all monsters increase a third die in act 2, so I can't see this as a balancer. I think I will house rule this one, because it can't be right. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, where are you seeing errata for the game? As far as I can tell they haven't announced any FAQ/errata/changes, so I'd say until they release that, it's not worth worrying about.

Personally though, I'm going to run it as printed until they do change something. If they don't, I might agree that it wasn't intended that they lose damage from surges in act 2, but for small changes that don't significantly unbalance the game, I agree with not wanting to change anything, as keeping track of a constantly-growing list of changes is annoying, as is trying to mark changes on the card itself.

Edit: Ah, just now found the FAQ page. Odd, it wasn't showing up on the front page of FFG's site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
dustwhit wrote:

You can't tell me that that is not a printing error.

Why can't I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dustwhit wrote:
Well, I can't believe this one. shake Or have I missed something?

Act 1 Ettins have:

Act 2 Ettins have:

You can't tell me that that is not a printing error. But I guess it stands because no mention of an Ettin correction in the Errata. And all monsters increase a third die in act 2, so I can't see this as a balancer. I think I will house rule this one, because it can't be right. Thoughts?

Did you submit this as a question on FFG's home page?

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

It might be a good idea because hopefully they will give you an answer (which you could share with the rest of us).

I already submitted this question, but it won't hurt if more of us do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethala wrote:
Uh, where are you seeing errata for the game? As far as I can tell they haven't announced any FAQ/errata/changes, so I'd say until they release that, it's not worth worrying about.

The Official FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A separate question about Ettins - can they throw a knocked out hero? If so, does the hero automatically fail the might test as his limp body is thrown across the dungeon? (And in general can heroes be targetted by non-attack monster actions?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think that no!
when a hero is defeated you remove the figure from play and you place a token!

i dont thing Ettin can throw tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A separate question about Ettins - can they throw a knocked out hero?

Monsters cannot target a knocked out hero with any effects - see the text box on page 15.

The ettin stats are odd, but they seem to play fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
dustwhit wrote:

You can't tell me that that is not a printing error.

Why can't I?

You can, but you can't. :D

I think this is clearly a typo. In Castle Darion, for instance, I think it makes a big difference too, when an Ettins can get a +3 on you, let alone a frenzy card being played with that.

By the way, I wasn't the one that caught this. I'd give credit, but I can't remember the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
dustwhit wrote:
Well, I can't believe this one. :shake: Or have I missed something?

Act 1 Ettins have:

Act 2 Ettins have:

Did you submit this as a question on FFG's home page?

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

It might be a good idea because hopefully they will give you an answer (which you could share with the rest of us).

I already submitted this question, but it won't hurt if more of us do.

I submitted another question on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this issue ever resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall a response from Adam (hey, if you're not gonna search than neither am I ) saying that it's not a typo, it was a deliberate design decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
I seem to recall a response from Adam (hey, if you're not gonna search than neither am I ) saying that it's not a typo, it was a deliberate design decision.

Funny you should bring up me/you searching! I have spent the last 4 or so hours reading this rules forum (starting from the oldest to the newest). When I got to this post, I did a quick search, and didnt see anything. ( I DID search, just not well enuf, it seems....)

Then about 10 minutes later I got to a thread that talked about this exact subject - with an answer from Adam - just as you stated.

Anyway, thnak you for answering my question.

Now off to finishing the rest of the posts...

- SK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sargonkid wrote:
manydills wrote:

Funny you should bring up me/you searching! I have spent the last 4 or so hours reading this rules forum (starting from the oldest to the newest). When I got to this post, I did a quick search, and didnt see anything. ( I DID search, just not well enuf, it seems....)

Then about 10 minutes later I got to a thread that talked about this exact subject - with an answer from Adam - just as you stated.

- SK

Oh, that is funny. Well, you know what they say: "It's always in the last place you look. Because if you keep looking for it after that, you're crazy."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
sargonkid wrote:
manydills wrote:

- SK

Oh, that is funny. Well, you know what they say: "It's always in the last place you look. Because if you keep looking for it after that, you're crazy."

Some would say I am crazy for reading through the post backwards! I do this because I want to learn the game along the same path as others learned, that is, by going from the oldest posts to the newest.

I am sure there are a myriad of other reasons some would consider me crazy. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.