Subject: Descent 2e, PBF Game 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Arms
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome to the new game of Descent, Second Edition! This game will consist of one scenario (two encounters).

Player list:

Moderator: Klaxx
Overlord: Tymsham

Hero 1: Dolus - Ashrian - Disciple
Hero 2: Ackbar117 - Tomble - Thief
Hero 3: SoylentRed - Leoric - Necromancer
Hero 4: Daemonis - Grisban - Berserker

Scenario: The Twin Idols

Rules:

Bold your orders! Non-bolded orders will be treated as commentary and will be ignored by me. I welcome discussion/tactical planning but I need to differentiate game moves and fluff at first glance.

No modifying orders/inserting stuff in the middle of posts once posted! Follow-ups after the rolls are fine, however, to avoid multiple-posting.

Please reread your posts before submitting. I can stand some typos but give me too many and my eyes start to hurt after a while and yes, I do enforce it.

If someone makes an illegal/invalid action (i.e. against the rules of the game), all later orders, rolls etc. become invalid and the game rewinds to that point.

Post "End turn" after your turn, or something similar. Also, the last hero posts "Heroes done". If someone doesn't end their turn, it ends automatically after 2 hours. This is simply to help me update and speed up the game.

Maximum delay is 48 hours. The timer is off on weekends and holidays. This is flexible. If you know you can't make it/have an IRL problem/have a local holiday, PM me. If you know you can't continue playing, let me know so I can find a replacement. This is OK with me, given the commitment this campaign requires. Stalling isn't.

Only actions taken within the last 24 hours can be rewound/interrupted. Exceptions only if you PM me beforehand. I want to avoid unnecessary slowdowns.

Information:

We'll use these codes, paste them as your dice in the GeekRoller:

Blue Attack Die:
1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}

Red Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

Yellow Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1311411;iid:1311412;iid:1311413;iid:1311414;iid:1311415;iid:1311416}

Brown Light Armor Die:
1custom6{iid:1311400;iid:1311400;iid:1311401;iid:1311401;iid:1311401;iid:1311402}

Silver Medium Armor Die:
1custom6{iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311408;iid:1311409;iid:1311410}

Black Heavy Armor Die:
1custom6{iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311391;iid:1311392;iid:1311393}

Note: Roller will allow max. 3 kinds of custom dice due to character limit. If you have 4+ different dice, split them into 2 rolls.

PLEASE include a commentary (e.g. roll title) in the roll, it'll get rid of the annoying code (it's still visible beneath the post if you really need to)!

(See the recruitment/advice thread for dice examples/link to testing forum)

Descriptions:

I am a fluff description, brave heroes. Italicized text will tell you about your surroundings and give you hints on what dangers and rewards award you in the immediate area. But beware, as looks can sometimes be misleading!

This is a game mechanics text. Big Ugly Monster hits Player for 16 damage -3 armor, Player is knocked out. (no, not really)

Normal text is my commentary.

The maps will be posted every turn. A text summary of stats/visible cards/etc. will be attached.

This is my first attempt to moderate a PBF game, go easy on me.

Note: This post, including the rules, can and will change during the game. It is in your interest to check the OP once in a while. If the rules change, they won't be retroactive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Mikheev
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm ready!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Arms
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxx wrote:
As soon as everyone checks in need votes on....

Scenario...

Level of play...

And conversion kit or no conversion kit.

I'm ready

Scenario, I would like to play the one where there are the 2 sides of the swamp(can't remember what it is called)

Level of play(advanced or epic)

Kit or no, either way is fine with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Mikheev
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Any scenario
Any level
No conversion kit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tym L

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Woot!

Thank you Klaxx for giving moderating a try.

I prefer no CK.
Can we play one of the interludes?
If interludes ok, then I want to try The Shadow Vault.
If not, I like The Monster's hoard, or the Twin Idols.

I like Basic, then Advanced.

Tymsham devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would prefer to start on Advanced or Epic Start.

It is more fun all around to have some variety in the skills and cards IMO - for both the heroes and the OL.

I'd be cool either way with the CK. Seen the base heroes a few times - could be fun to throw some variety in there. (That said - i'd MUCH rather have an advanced or epic start if it meant no CK.)

As for quests - just none of the early ones - obviously not first blood - no goblin king.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any scenario
Any level
No conversion kit

Thank you for running the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tym L

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello,

Three reasons I like basic game most:

1)New PBF overlord.
2)New PBF Moderator.
Each of these players will need to know and keep track of all of the changes on all of the hero's for every move. Mistakes are likely.

3)slower game. We are doing advanced game for Game One. It requires more start-up choices, and contains many more Interrupt options.

Having said that, I would still enjoy an advanced game, I just think the basic is better for this early in D2 PBF.

Tymsham devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Arms
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok looks like

No CK

Advanced Play

as for the scenario:
The Shadow Vault
The Monster Hoard
The Twin Idols

or... I am not sure which scenario you are talking about Ackbar. Though I have been playing around the table with friends I have not read all scenarios. Any help is welcome and a decision needed.

also
Heros pick your Characters, Classes, 3 xp of skills, and 150 gold of act 1 shop items.

Overlord 4 xp for cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Arms
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tymsham wrote:

Hello,

Three reasons I like basic game most:

1)New PBF overlord.
2)New PBF Moderator.
Each of these players will need to know and keep track of all of the changes on all of the hero's for every move. Mistakes are likely.

3)slower game. We are doing advanced game for Game One. It requires more start-up choices, and contains many more Interrupt options.

Having said that, I would still enjoy an advanced game, I just think the basic is better for this early in D2 PBF.

Tymsham devil

The time it takes for the shopping and set up also gives me a little time to make sure I have the tiles needed for the maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unless anyone else has any objections i wouldn't mind being tomble as a thief, but if anyone has a preference to a thief or tomble i can play something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
What preferences do people have for character classes. I do not enjoy the warrior or healer types (in any game really.)

I'd prefer the mage or the scout class personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ackbar117 wrote:
unless anyone else has any objections i wouldn't mind being tomble as a thief, but if anyone has a preference to a thief or tomble i can play something else.

I'm cool with that - I'd love the mage then! May I be Leoric of the Book?

And Necromancer? OK with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scout is my favorite archetype, but I don't mind doing something else. In fact, I don't mind which of the four I end up being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, with
Ackbar - Scout
Soylent - Mage

I'd be interested in the healer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well then, i willTake tomble as a thief

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Mikheev
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
So, the warrior is left for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashrian as a Disciple

For skills, to share what I'm currently considering in case if anybody has any input.
Radiant Light - lots of healing/damage, but not often
Prayer of Peace + 1 xp of something - Prayer of Peace goes nicely with my ability to stun adjacent monsters. I stun them and then they can't attack so they basically have to use their turn to move away from me.
Divine Fury + Armor of Faith - Really beef up whoever I heal.

Somebody more familiar with the three quests we have yet to choose from, how often do conditions come up? Would Cleansing Touch be useful (removes a condition)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what i was looking at was the twin idols quest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Mikheev
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Nara of the Fang, the Berserker
Skills:
Rage (starting)
Brute (1 XP)
Charge (2 XP)

Items:
Chipped Greataxe (starting)
Lets discuss what we are buying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daemonis wrote:
Skills:
Rage (starting)
Brute (1 XP)
Charge (2 XP)

Items:

I think we are only using the base game heroes...

Edit - I would love to use the Conversion Kit though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daemonis wrote:
Skills:
Rage (starting)
Brute (1 XP)
Charge (2 XP)

Items:

Um, nara is a CK not one of the normal ones, that would be syndrael or grisban the thirsty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Mikheev
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Oops, sorry.
Grisban the Thirsty, the Berserker
Skills:
Rage (starting)
Cripple (1 XP)
Charge (2 XP)

Items:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomble will take unseen and dirty tricks as his xp choices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.