Hide
6 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario 01 help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Bantha
msg tools
So I have been beating myself up trying to beat this scenario and need some help. I have played it solo 5 times now and I get to 3 objectives taken with either 2/3 or 3/3 supply cards and then everything falls apart for me.

I feel like I have a good understanding of the rules and I'm not making any gross mistakes. I have removed the extra "walk of the dead" zombie cards now. The only house rule I use is that once a survivor takes lethal damage, his corpse stays on the board through the entirety of the zombie turn and can continue to take damage thus shielding the other survivors in the same zone for the remainder of a turn. I figure if someone becomes zombie food, the zombies will feast on him and ignore the others as the one not moving makes for easier brains.

I use Nick, Wanda, Josh and one other as my survivors. I tried El Cholo a few times and decided he wasn't the right fit so I also tried out Doug and Amy. I have tried by going to the largest building in the northeast first to make sure I open it while my survivors are still in the blue.

I've tried staying in the center room a few turns to make sure everyone has decent weapons as well.

What am I doing wrong and what is everyone else doing to beat this scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Yao
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I have not play the scenario, but from what was said on the forums, no one has won scenario 01 with only 4 survivors. They could only beat it with 6 survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were very close to beating it with 4 survivors the other night, then made the awful mistake of opening a building with the last survivor to activate in the turn. She drew a manhole spawning card (and the two zones that had survivors both had multiple manholes), followed by an "Extra Activation" card, which activated the newly spawned zombies - wounding everyone. This extra activation also moved all of the adjacent zombies into our zones. And since this survivor was the last player to take a turn, it became the zombie turn, and everyone died in one fell swoop.

I think probably the best thing to do is have Wanda (or maybe Amy) go around and open all the buildings while everyone is in blue. If Josh is on the team, he can make a lot of noise, kiting zombies around the map with his Slippery ability. This should hopefully give the rest of the team the time to get a head start on the objectives before the team groups up again for a mad dash to the exit. Or if Wanda's gained the slippery ability by this point, you can give her all the supplies, and she can skate to freedom.

At least that's our plan next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mixar mixar
msg tools
BamaBantha wrote:
The only house rule I use is that once a survivor takes lethal damage, his corpse stays on the board through the entirety of the zombie turn and can continue to take damage thus shielding the other survivors in the same zone for the remainder of a turn. I figure if someone becomes zombie food, the zombies will feast on him and ignore the others as the one not moving makes for easier brains.

This is actually a real rule

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that ALL the survivors in the zone must be dead for it to take effect. Zombies don't kill a single person and waste time feasting on it while other people are standing right there with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rainey
United States
Cookeville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Basically you have to assign wounds among all survivors in a zone, so if you have 3 survivors and 6 zombies all 3 survivors are guaranteed dead; you can't just assign 6 wounds to one person.

All the rule means is that if zombies start their turn in a square with a hero, they will be "locked" into that square since they will all take the "attack" portion of their turn simultaneously.

Zombies don't activate procedurally, meaning the first zombie won't activate and kill someone, and then the second zombie will move. All zombies in that zone will ping "Attack!" even if there are 50 zombies and 1 hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.