Ethereal Syn
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
The dice are 6 sided... and you get 3 of them... combinations should go up to 666 right... so how do you get a 667? My wife and I assume that you are supposed to use the (+1 to your die or target players die) to get there... but the rules do not seem to verify that... We just started leaving it out as it locked up a game for us (It happened to be the last "Beast" in the deck... and thus we couldnt finish the game.) 666
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It was sold at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
HeyNow,
Thanks for the question. The "Stepchild of the Beast" card was originally designed to be a sort of "reset" card. Basically, it is to allow players to cycle through the deck and try to get more advantageaous cards. Played this way you are correct, no one can win while the "Stepchild" card is in play.

(As a side note: You should have been able to finish the game as you reshuffle the discard pile when you run out of cards.)

Now, that said, I really like your house rule. I like that one a lot!

Conversely, feel free to just remove that card from the game. That is what we expected people to do with it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi J!
You should be able to find it in your FLGS as I type this.
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Neverbuy wrote:
Sorry to be off topic, is this game even out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethereal Syn
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Another house rule we have been enjoying is that you MUST use one card per round. Reading the rules we assumed it was draw a card and either play or discard a card... it was a LOT of fun to be forced to use a card even if it hurt you. It adds a bit in the strategy of the game too... and makes it harder to just sandbag cards... Another assumption (the way we play it... Target Player can be anyone (including the person playing the card)... We love this game!!!! My wife asks to play it often and is a great game to just hang out and play (it is so NOT an epic game that takes hours... and with 3 kids... that is the style we have time for!) This one should be subtitled - for parents everywhere... Wish you guys would make a version that is more kid friendly...just for those of us with kids... they would love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They never sell things from their site until they've been out for at least 2 or 3 weeks. I think they do this as a courtesy to the FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Bustamante
Mexico
flag msg tools
The "Stepchild" card is kind of a joke card . You cant win until one of the players (including you) have another card to replace it (like Cousin of the Beast, Brother of the Beast, Friend of the Beast ...). So you can take a breathe from trying to match the card in turn and draw more cards to mischief the other players.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.