Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had some prototypes of miniatures of Pyrosaurus from Kaiju City made because its awesome and to see if this would increase / renew interest in the game after our KS fell short.

Take a look and let us know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigger is better. Besides, the larger the mini, the more thematic it is, especially for this game in particular. Even monochromatic, if they were different colors, that would be cool. Bummed about the KS campaign, as I was on the fence with this one and would have liked to see it succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hiya Levi,

Definately bigger - more thematic that way. Also a lot of the seriously big kickstarters enjoy tandem success with the fact that people just like nice miniatures. If you can arrange to get lots of decent miniatures involved, I'm sure the "mini crowd" will appreciate Kaiju a bit more.

Also this leaves way for some decent levels (small level - game only, medium level game + minis, big level game + minis + big minis) which is perhaps something that was missed first time round?

Leave the minis uncoloured for people to paint themselves but show them on the kickstarter page fully painted

best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For its weight and game level, this looked to be about a $20 game. It appealed as a light filler with nice art. With the lack of appealing KS bonuses, I opted out last time. However, with larger-than-life minis included, $30 seems like a good deal and I'd even pay $40 for fully painted versions. Offering these as bonuses for certain pledge levels or as overfunding goals would encourage my support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.