Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was new to the regiment and was assigned to 1st Platoon of B company. The Lucky 7th. Good group of guys. And our captain? The Great "Slugger" Murphy himself? Legend. I barely had time to run some drills in my APE before word came down we were going in. Into the belly of the beast. Gibraltar.
When the captain told us to "get the hell off our behinds and get motivated" it meant time to go. Time to make our incursion.

It was Captain Murphy and us grunts. There was Pvt. Hanson, Pvt. Ramierez and myself. Hanson and the captain entered directly from the north and planned to move west to secure the first door. Ramierez and myself were to enter in the northeast sector and move south and eventually east to secure the next door. Then we would all link up to the southwest and secure the final door. At least that was the plan on paper.

Ramierez and I made our entry as planned and immediately set up a perimeter. We were ready to react to anything that came into our fields of fire. Meanwhile we maintained radio contact with the captain and Hanson. "You boys alright over there?" I heard the captain ask. "Yes sir." I replied. "Good. I think I'll get Thumper out just in case" he said. "We're at the first door." Then I heard screeching over the radio that couldn't have been static and could only have been a zombie. The next sound, I recognized. It was Bambi saying hello. "Got'em . The first door is secure," the captain said into the radio. "Now it's your turn boys".

I looked over at Ramierez and we cautiously moved off toward the door we needed to seal. As I heard machineguns firing I asked the captain if everything was all right. "We're fine son. Just a bit busy right now" the captain replied. Then I heard Hanson come on the radio. "Sir lookout!" I heard him scream. Then a blast rocked the whole cavern. "Sir. You okay?" I asked. "Yep." The captain replied. "But Hanson's not so good. Had one of them Bomberzombies blow up right in front of 'em." The next thing I heard was the distinctive sound of an MP-40. "Hanson's down." the captain said. "And I'm going after the little Nazi 'bleep' that shot him"

I was still amazed that Ramierez and I hadn't seen anything yet. "Where the 'bleep' are they?" Ramierez asked. "Captain. You there?" I asked. "Yep son. Just give me a sec. Come here you little Nazi 'bleep'" The next sound on the radio was what sounded like Thumper slamming into what had to be a certain Nazi witch's skull. "Get back here!" I heard the captain yell. "Sir?" I said, "I'm alright private. I just made contact with the witch herself. Gretel. I'm gonna go and finish the job."With that I heard the captain yell and then heard the single shot of a submachinegun round. Then the radio with the captain went dead.

"Guess we're on our own," Ramierez said. Just then the cave in front of me collapsed and a zombie ran into my field of fire and I opened up. Ramierez also began firing. We scratched a few zombies and Ramierez said, "I'm going after the door to the southwest." I waited behind, covering him as he went. Then I cleared the cave-in. I offed a few more zombies before I heard Ramierez yell on the radio, "Take that you Nazi 'bleep'. That's for the captain. I got her! I got Gretel!" Just then I heard Ramierez scream and then there was another huge explosion that rocked the cavern and I knew I was alone.

Luckily for me before Ramierez bought it he had actually closed and sealed the door in his location. This meant no matter how bleak it looked, I only had one door to go. I moved quickly down to the last door. On the way I ran low on ammo but my guns didn't fail me. I sprayed zombie brains and blood on the cavern walls the whole way. Even though the tunnels were flooded I moved like a bat out of hell and secured the last SWD entry point. Victory! Well at least for now. I hear sarge is waiting to take us...I mean me, on another incursion.

Edited for spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mission #2 or How I became a hero.
Excellent narrative batrep. Great game, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Petru5 wrote:
Excellent narrative batrep. Great game, eh?

Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.