Popular Tags: [View All]
Greece
Patras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Good morning,
a quick question:
The rulebook says: A model space can have a maximum of three factories and one parts factory built in it.

Am I correct to translate it as a maximum number of FOUR factories one of them being a Parts factory? And apart from that, do part factories contribute to the production of the model space or do they just provide a discount? I can't locate whether it says if parts factories can actually produce cars, although I would assume they cannot since the production frame only depicts three factories.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have at most three regular factories and one parts factory, yes. The parts factory only provides a discount, it doesn't change the production of the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Fiorelli
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A simple question:

Parts factory costs $550 so I have to produce more than 25 cars to make even its building cost.

So, when is it really useful to build?

Thanks
Mauro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Gedeone wrote:
A simple question:

Parts factory costs $550 so I have to produce more than 25 cars to make even its building cost.

So, when is it really useful to build?

Thanks
Mauro

New questions should really be posted as new threads. Anyway...

If you are going to end up closing the space with the parts factory, you get back $400 of the purchase price, so you only have to produce 5 cars to make it worthwhile. If you don't close it, it's worth the full $500 at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.