8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Amazon Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
samuel
Malaysia
flag msg tools
This is kinda a general question but do apply to certain boardgames(le havre and twilight struggle)

How does amazon shipping restriction works for different amazon site?

Eg i was trying to buy a lego mindstorm robot from amazon US but it says doesn't ship to nz but i have no problem reaching the place order page with amazon UK.

I contacted amazon and say say something about legal and warranty issue. But still doesn't understand. It's the same product. Does it have to do with FTA or some other stupid trade agreements?

But it's just some particular product, NOT the whole product type.

Would love some insight to this matter. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it something directly sold by Amazon, or is it through a third party? I get a lot of Amazon promotional codes, and there are often many products I can't use them on because they are not actually sold by Amazon themselves, but are instead sold by a "partner."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Also, Amazon's UK webshop is being operated from the EU which probably means they have to obey different rules and laws...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Lego has an agreement with their sellers that they won't sell the product overseas. It's the same on other websites, eg Funagain. If you want to buy from the USA look on EBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Standen
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Duke say "play games"
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally some publishers only have a permission from the designer to publish in a certain language or country.

This might help you: http://reship.com (other reshippers are probably available)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
samuel
Malaysia
flag msg tools
paradoxes wrote:
Is it something directly sold by Amazon, or is it through a third party? I get a lot of Amazon promotional codes, and there are often many products I can't use them on because they are not actually sold by Amazon themselves, but are instead sold by a "partner."

They are sold by amazon itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazon's policy on shipping of printed products is largely indeciperable to the common man. It's far more complicated than being a matter of products being fulfilled by third parties, none of which will be shipped to NZ AFAIK. Starting early in 2011 I was tracking a few games by various publishers, all sold from Amazon itself. Most would not be shipped. After some months some of these, such as Horned Rat which came out about July last year I think, changed to could be shipped. One went back to no longer being shipped in March--and having checked tonight it can be shipped again.

rhianna_ wrote:
I believe Lego has an agreement with their sellers that they won't sell the product overseas.

I believe this is not the case. Various other amazon.xx sites will ship to Australia and New Zealand while amazon.com won't ship much Lego at all. Other large US retailers, like Barnes and Noble, will ship to Oz and NZ. Norfolk Island still claims to have the cheapest Lego in the world and ships most of its product internationally. The various Lego stores themselves will ship over much of the world regardless of the particular site visited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ocean Druen
United States
Buffalo Grove
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't believe so in the US, there are many items that are "fulfilled" by Amazon that are really done by third parties. I have bought Legos through Amazon that were "fulfilled" by Amazon but when I got them it was clearly a third party. I think that this has something to do with what partners and products can use the Amazon Prime service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.