Per Landberger
Sweden
Spånga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an event card that allows you to spend one action to place two dogs/horses on a farm. The rules say this:

"Use one action to place up to two animal tokens (2 dogs, 2 horses, or 1 of each). Tokens must be added in order, as usual."

But do you have to have the corresponding companion cards and spend them or do you get the tokens "for free"?

May you put them on different farms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
per42 wrote:
There is an event card that allows you to spend one action to place two dogs/horses on a farm. The rules say this:

"Use one action to place up to two animal tokens (2 dogs, 2 horses, or 1 of each). Tokens must be added in order, as usual."

But do you have to have the corresponding companion cards and spend them or do you get the tokens "for free"?

May you put them on different farms?

I had the same question, but it seems to me that you still have to have the companion cards, it just saves you an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Landberger
Sweden
Spånga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:

I had the same question, but it seems to me that you still have to have the companion cards, it just saves you an action.

I interpreted the ruls the way you do, but my friends didn't. They say that card is too weak compared to the other "crown" cards if it "only" save you one action.

Other opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no mention of the requirement for companiion cards, so it does not need them. Just take 2 tokens of your choice & put them on the farm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
What Julian said. You don't need the companion cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that your guess or do you do the rulings for The Last Will?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Landberger
Sweden
Spånga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
There is no mention of the requirement for companiion cards, so it does not need them. Just take 2 tokens of your choice & put them on the farm.

With your logic: there is no mention in the rules that you don't need companion cards so you DO need them, since that's the normal rule :-)

But I agree with Tom, I'd like an official ruling, especially since this is one of the EuropeMasters competition games in Essen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Dillinger
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer:
You DO NOT need the companion cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of change the title to "Companion Cards needed with Crown cards?" or something similar? It will be a more useful reference for later people with the same question.

Edit: Monica is a CGE designer, even if not for Last Will, so that is probably as official as you can hope for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Companion Cards needed with Crown event?
Unhalfbricking wrote:

More precisely, the rule says "Use one action to place up to two animal tokens", so that's what you do. Not "use one action to play up to two animal companion cards".

And if cards were required, there would be no reason why anyone would want to play this card just to play one animal card, so the text "up to" becomes bogus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.