Subject: Number of attacks per dungeonlord phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm after a clarification or conformation of the rules regarding the number of attacks that can be made by monsters in the Dungeonlord phase. According to the rules as far as I can remember, all attacks should be set out at the start of the dungeonlord phase so that the hero facing them can prepare a strategic response. If, for example, I were to attack with three monsters and score three hits, this would give the hero three extra peril - is this correct? If this extra peril enabled me to pay for a further attack would this be allowed with a fourth monster? Or can attacks by monsters only be made if the requisite peril points are available at the start of the turn?

Thanks,

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember where I got it (most likely here on the Geek I suppose), but there's a "beta" version of a new Dungeoneer rules set that, in my opinion, is much better than the current (v2.1) rules set. In the beta version of the rules, the Dungeonloard phase (combat) is broken down into steps. Step "H", for example, is the Reward phase where peril is assigned. This is the last step of the phase, so it is more clear that peril that gets assigned cannot be used to start another attack against the Hero (which is performed during Step "A" - the "Attack" phase).

Even though the older rules sets may not be 100% clear on this, peril has always been assigned this way. The new "beta" rules don't change anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can only declare attacks at the beginning of the dungeon lord phase. So you are correct in saying you COULD NOT attack again EVEN IF the new peril would allow it.

Hope this help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.