Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the rules in English.
Quote:
In page 5,
The new Boss draws enough cards from the deck to return his hand to the number of cards dealt at the beginning of the game (either 8 or 10 depending upon the number of players). Then the next player to the left refill his hand, etc.

Can the players (including the Boss) draw all cards from the deck?

Is it intended to mean that the players with less cards than the hand limit refill their hands to the limit while the ones with more cards than the limit discard their hands to the limit, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
I'm reading the rules in English.
Quote:
In page 5,
The new Boss draws enough cards from the deck to return his hand to the number of cards dealt at the beginning of the game (either 8 or 10 depending upon the number of players). Then the next player to the left refill his hand, etc.

Can the players (including the Boss) draw all cards from the deck?

Is it intended to mean that the players with less cards than the hand limit refill their hands to the limit while the ones with more cards than the limit discard their hands to the limit, right?

Hi Kwang--

Yes, all cards drawn to refill hands back to the hand limit will be drawn from the deck. It is not possible in this game to have more cards in your hand than the hand limit so there should never be a time when a player needs to discard cards because they are over the hand limit. In that same paragraph on page 5, there is a rule that allows all players, at the end of each round, to discard up to two cards from their hand and replace them with new cards from the deck--perhaps that is the source of your question?

Thanks for your interest in ITBTCG. I hope that you will support it on Kickstarter.

Rick, for Gryphon and Eagle Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
It is not possible in this game to have more cards in your hand than the hand limit so there should never be a time when a player needs to discard cards because they are over the hand limit.

Just to be very picky, wouldn't the following improbable situation leave someone with 9 cards:

Boss hasn't a deal card in hand so passes; each other player in turn then passes. The last person to pass receives a bonus card, but flips both disks before ever playing one, and therefore will be holding 9 at the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.