Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruarigh Dale
United Kingdom
North Ferriby
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any intention to provide supplements that cover continental armies for Dux Bellorum? My gaming buddy was looking at my Kindle edition of the rules and asking if he could field a Frankish army.

Cheers,
Ruarigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Worthing
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A few people have asked if there will be additional books featuring continental armies or Vikings/Normans, and the answer to this is no.

The game was commissioned as a standalone. This doesn't mean that I might not produce some more army lists to distribute online, but they won't appear as a follow up book.

And of course I'd be very happy to see lists created by other gamers: it shouldn't be difficult to adapt the troop types to other armies of this period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruarigh Dale
United Kingdom
North Ferriby
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I shall tell my buddy that he has to work out his own lists! It certainly does not look like it should be too hard, based on the existing lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Ludd
msg tools
To be honest the Franks are going to be easy to sort out aren't they?

Early Franks will just use the Saxon list or one of the Raiders lists (although i'd limit the Riders to 0-2 units as they were not known to use horses at this period).

After the establishement of the Merovingian Kingdom in 481AD, they pretty much wholesale took over the Roman systems including their military, so use the Roman list!

Simple.

Note: You could also add a further period, 'Late Merovingian', roughly beginning around 590AD, and make the use of the 'Levies' Special Tactic compulsory, since by that period the Merovingian use of levied militia had become almost universal.

For other European cultures, most of them are likely either to be close enough to either the Saxon or Roman lists that you could use these as a decent basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.