Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: game weight...literally rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For shipping purposes i would like to know how heavy is the game.
Thanks
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry can correct me on this, but I think it's close to 5 pounds. It's a heavy box!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any way to weigh it. It's heavy, 5 pounds may be about right.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
I don't have any way to weigh it. It's heavy, 5 pounds may be about right.

That's going to make it really pricey for international buyers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...another reason for other language editions!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:
I don't have any way to weigh it. It's heavy, 5 pounds may be about right.

That's going to make it really pricey for international buyers.


Tell me about it I've preordered and payed more in freight than I did for the game and it's still probably about the same if not cheaper as when it's released here (except I'll have the promo cards) my wallet feels somewhat better knowing it's a nice weighty box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$85 shipping to Australia... as much as I was going to pull the trigger last night on this, I just can't.

I know shipping is expensive, I can totally relate, but that is a bit too high and puts the price of the game (with the pre-order discount) at AUS$135... I know it will be less when it hits stores here. So I'll have to wait.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
$85 shipping to Australia... as much as I was going to pull the trigger last night on this, I just can't.

I know shipping is expensive, I can totally relate, but that is a bit too high and puts the price of the game (with the pre-order discount) at AUS$135... I know it will be less when it hits stores here. So I'll have to wait.


I paid $49.95 for the game (preorder discount) and $54.70 shipping and that's to Tasmania.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what the shipping was in the card for me today. It did have the two preorder SW decks in there too, but I fail to see how they would account for an additional $30 shipping...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
That's what the shipping was in the card for me today. It did have the two preorder SW decks in there too, but I fail to see how they would account for an additional $30 shipping...


I just checked it anything you add to your cart after M&M and the shipping jumps up to $84 I'd say they have set box limits and M&M is the limit for 1 box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Colby has gone on record saying sometimes it's best to make two orders in regards to shipping charges. It's one of those known issues that they have no real workaround right now. Of course, I'm not seeing him say this here, so it might be on Plaid Hat's site.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ben,

Talk to me via the Frogphone and I will tee up someone in the US to reship for both. I cannot see why we should get shafted like this just because someone is way to lazy to look after their world customers.


Wormwood
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord of Wormwood wrote:
Ben,

Talk to me via the Frogphone and I will tee up someone in the US to reship for both. I cannot see why we should get shafted like this just because someone is way to lazy to look after their world customers.


Wormwood


This is not a matter of being "shafted" nor being "to lazy to look after their world customers" this is how the USPS works feel free to calculate it yourself U.S.P.S if you look at postage from Australia to the U.S using Australia Post it is relative. I don't like paying more in freight than for the game any more than I do paying more here for games than in the U.S but board games are typically heavy and unfortunatley that's the way it goes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.