Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
5er. I played Dracula.

I started off in Nantes and moved to Paris when an early Newspaper Report revealed my starting location. I then moved around to Clermont-Ferrand, Bordeaux, Toulouse, and then headed to Barcelona to get out to the seas. Three of the Hunters were crowded around me and through process of elimination (where they were at) and revealing of Encounters, they were able to pinpoint exactly that I embarked from Barcelona.

They played a Storm at Seas event card so I had to sail to the Atlantic Ocean. The natural thing to do would be to swing as far away from the Hunters in Spain and France as possible by continually travelling eastward towards the English Channel and the North Sea. However I felt like putting on a show of bravado and instead doubled back to the Bay of Biscay and disembarked at Santander.

However Lord Goldaming was still at Spain and for some reason decided to head to Santander to check it out, where he met my Vampire encounter. The rest of the Hunters scrambled back to Spain again, reversing their trips to Eastern Europe where they thought I was headed, and they boxed me in at Madrid.

Again with much bravado, I played a Wolf Form Card (double movement) but instead of moving to Toulouse (the safest spot where none of the Hunters could get to in one turn, thereby allowing me to move towards Eastern Europe while the Hunters trailed after me) I wanted to do even better: throw the Hunters off towards Eastern Europe while I stayed in Spain by myself. So I played a Hide Card (stay in place) under my Wolf Form Card, moving zero spaces and staying put in Madrid instead of taking off to Toulouse.

Lord Goldaming figured I had escaped to Bordeaux, Toulouse, or Barcelona and really didn't want me to take off to the seas again. So he tried to travel by rail from Santander to Bordeaux. Remember, Lord Goldaming can roll twice on his train rolls so his chances of getting a 2 or a 3 is high. However, Lord Goldaming apparently didn't know how to take a train that day, and rolled 1s twice to end his trip at...Madrid, thereby encountering me.

I was able to Escape as Mist because it was night time. However daytime came soon after and without my Wolf Form Card and other Hunters closing in, I was cornered into southern Spain. Doctor Seward killed me at Granada in the daytime (Day 3).

So the Count died because Lord Goldaming didn't know how to take a freaking train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually Lord Godalming. Yes, I call him Goldaming as well since that's what I see every time I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Martín
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my group we usually call him Goldie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drunkenKOALA wrote:

They played a Storm at Seas event card so I had to sail to the Atlantic Ocean.

I must be mis-remembering that card. I thought it forced Dracula into a port. I didn't think he had the option to move to another sea zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
agalpin wrote:
Rianane wrote:
I must be mis-remembering that card. I thought it forced Dracula into a port. I didn't think he had the option to move to another sea zone.

You are not mis-remembering, if the hunters played it on the Med after Dracula embarked from Barcelona he should have been forced to land immediately.

The hunters could have played it on the Tyrhennian but if they knew he embarked from Barcelona there would be little reason to do so (generally).
They played it on the Tyrhennian. They probably missed the other power of the card (so did I).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
This session report is especially funny because drunkenKOALA never loses at anything.

I think Lord Godalming (I just call him god-damn him -- his name, that is) has found the secret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.