Subject: Star Destroyer 2D template... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am going to buy one of those cheap "rolled latex mats" usually used as camp beds or gym/pilates mats.

Rolled out as a long oblong shape, you measure and mark the exact middle of one of the ends then use a long piece of wood as a straight edge to mark and draw two straight lines from that middle mark you made at one end all the way to BOTH corners of the far end of the mat.

You then cut it out and what you get is a HUGE long triangle shape to lay down and occupy 2d space.

Like a giant pizza slice from hell.

Use the scraps from the creation of the long triangle to make a series of small oblong block shapes to lay on top of the main shape to denote possible key "scenario targets" like a "bridge" "engine core" or "shuttle bay".

If the mat used it a light color and is made of dense latex, a black marker can be used to mark and label key features of the ship template such as laser batteries and fire arcs.

In play the giant shape represents a Star Destroyer and supports various "surface hazard" bonuses and liabilities to the ships that do battle directly on top of its massive 2D triangular form.

Perhaps extra dice to imperial pilots while their ties are in contact with the destroyers surface?

The Star Destroyer is a set piece in play and does not move.

If your going to make one too, just pick a descent colored mat to cut up... No PINK Star Destroyers ok guys

"Sir, a Pink Star Destroyer has just jumped out of hyperspace on our port side" "Good God, may the force be with us its Darth Gayder!" a heavy breathing sound comes across the open channel com link as the Pink Star Destroyer closes in... "Hello boys" comes a deep sexy voice "prepare to be boarded" Lol kisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty cool idea.

Also, somebody more creative that I am needs to come up with a printable Death Star tile. If you saw the FFG Death Star table from GenCon, it was the same square tile over and over again in various orientations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Matlock
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where did you find a 20 foot section of foam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snaggle4th wrote:
If you saw the FFG Death Star table from GenCon, it was the same square tile over and over again in various orientations.

Which is exactly what the FX people of the original Star Wars movie did to build the Death Star surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
starnite_iv wrote:
Ok, so its not quite to proper "scale" but neither is my bank balance and I still manage to enjoy myself with what little I have...

You can cut out a different shape an call it a "transport" or a "freighter" if it makes you feel better.

Remember... "official" is just a word designed to get you to spend more Money to feel better about what you have.

There is lots of fun to be had in this world that does not have to pay rights to George Lucas...

Actually... I think its like 3 things... but one of them is doing whatever the hell you want to a cheap rubber mat.

The other 2 things also involve the rubber mat but require illustrations and cheerleaders...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking of this EXACT thing yesterday while talking to a co-worker about the release of the game. We were discussing how the ships were all in scale and how that would mean a star destroyer would be somewhere around 5.5m in length at that scale.

I pointed out that, relative to the fighters, the Destroyer would essentially be motionless and that if you made up a playmat with a destroyer top (or bottom) printed on it, you could run scenarios against it, just like the Death Star stuff they did at GenCon.

I would LOVE to see FFG come out with some playmats/scenario packs for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The old game Battlestar Galactica included maps with Galactica and a basestar printed on them:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Stone
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GHOST FINGER wrote:
starnite_iv wrote:
Ok, so its not quite to proper "scale" but neither is my bank balance and I still manage to enjoy myself with what little I have...

You can cut out a different shape an call it a "transport" or a "freighter" if it makes you feel better.

Remember... "official" is just a word designed to get you to spend more Money to feel better about what you have.

There is lots of fun to be had in this world that does not have to pay rights to George Lucas...

Actually... I think its like 3 things... but one of them is doing whatever the hell you want to a cheap rubber mat.

The other 2 things also involve the rubber mat but require illustrations and cheerleaders...

Just call it a Victory Class

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
radynski wrote:
I was just thinking of this EXACT thing yesterday while talking to a co-worker about the release of the game. We were discussing how the ships were all in scale and how that would mean a star destroyer would be somewhere around 5.5m in length at that scale.

I pointed out that, relative to the fighters, the Destroyer would essentially be motionless and that if you made up a playmat with a destroyer top (or bottom) printed on it, you could run scenarios against it, just like the Death Star stuff they did at GenCon.

I would LOVE to see FFG come out with some playmats/scenario packs for this.
We geeks have a "hive mind"... What one thinks ALL know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.