Subject: Larger hex maps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Brunner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a line on a larger hex map with terrain on it? 22" x 36" will get real tight with 16 ships on the table laugh

I'm thinking something like this, but prettier. The included maps are so well done, I'd hate to have to resort to a brown battle map.

I'm a designer, so I can create my own, but printing large format gets real expensive fast. This probably comes up a lot in the miniature gaming community, so sorry. I did a few searches and got nothin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hotz has some very coolmatts that would work. Check out their European Fields and Trench Works matts.

Note, I have never purchased from them and have heard they are slow to deliver but that the products are great once you get them. Note, they can put a hex grid over any of the matts.

http://www.hotzmats.com/felt_purchase_mat.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Brooklawn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on using Heroscape tiles for any large scale games I play. The hexes are a bit big, but I don't think it will be too much of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brunner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, those are beautiful! They are a bit pricey, but not too bad considering they're hand air-brushed at time of purchase. Definitely on my list of "must-buy"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brunner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that Hotz doesn't have 1.25" hexes available, which is what I believe leviathans uses. Not the end of the world, but I'd like it to look nice. I have an email in to see if it's a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Haward
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at that trench map, and getting all sorts of evil ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bowen
msg tools
mbmb
We offer 1.25" hex overlay options for all our fabric mats. We have some land and an ocean mat. I'm working on something with a bit of coastline.

Our mats come in 72" by 42", 72" by 58" and 108" by 58".

http://corseceng.com/fabric-mats/

Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brunner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link Jonathan. If/when I need it I'll definitely consider your products. They look great by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I'm seeing you don't make fabric mats any more. Is this going to be permanent??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bowen
msg tools
mbmb
They are available again. We where launching a new version that is a lot better. We are working on phase 2 of the project now. This will allow us to make even larger mats (80" by 60") and lower international shipping prices.

More info here:
http://corseceng.com/blog/2013/3/5/introducing-fabric-mat-20...

Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.