NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:
"Important: in a 3 and 4 player game a player must lay out at least three cards of the 12, 14 and 16 cards (Note the three little dots below the numbers on these cards.)"

I suppose this means IF he plays 12, 14 or 16 he must play at least 3 cards. But what the rule actually says is: in a 3 or 4 player game every play is forced to play at least three cards of the 12, 14 and 16 cards.

The German rules have the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really following the difference of your post here.

What part is unclear? It states that in stead of playing out a set of 2 - which is the case with the other cards- the sets with the numbers 12, 14 and 16 start out with at least 3 cards, instead of the regular 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, if my English is too bad to make clear where I see a problem.

Let me try again:
I think what this rule means ist that IF a player plays theese cards he has to play at least three.
But what the rule says is that the player is forced to play cards with theese numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Originaldibbler wrote:
I think what this rule means ist that IF a player plays theese cards he has to play at least three.
But what the rule says is that the player is forced to play cards with theese numbers.

I think I understand what you're saying. So if you have a hand of two 8 cards and two 16 cards, and then you draw a third 16, you think that the rules are saying that you now have no choice ("must") but to play the three 16s. Is that correct?

If so, I don't think that's the rule. I think it's just saying that if you choose to play a set of 12s, 14s, or 16s, then you must play three of those value cards. But I can see how the way the rule is stated could be confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

I think I understand what you're saying. So if you have a hand of two 8 cards and two 16 cards, and then you draw a third 16, you think that the rules are saying that you now have no choice ("must") but to play the three 16s. Is that correct?

If so, I don't think that's the rule. I think it's just saying that if you choose to play a set of 12s, 14s, or 16s, then you must play three of those value cards. But I can see how the way the rule is stated could be confusing.

Not exactly what I meant but yes, the rule could be read thi way, too.

I meant something like: if you have not played three 12s, 14s and 16s you cannot win the game bacause you MUST play them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Originaldibbler wrote:
I meant something like: if you have not played three 12s, 14s and 16s you cannot win the game bacause you MUST play them.

OK, then no, that's not the rule. You score whatever you have in front of you at the end of the round, and then total up the scores over four rounds to see who has the highest score and is the winner.

The rule is just stating that, in three- and four-player games, if you choose to play a set of 12s, 14s, or 16s, you have to be able to play at least three cards, instead of two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:

The rule is just stating that, in three- and four-player games, if you choose to play a set of 12s, 14s, or 16s, you have to be able to play at least three cards, instead of two.

Yes, I know that this is what it is meant to mean. The point is that I think that it can eaily interpreted wrong. I am not entirely sure that this is true for the English version (because I am not a native speaker) but it is true for the German version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.