Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand this sentence in the scoring section of the rules:
If players together as a team successfully deduce all three elements....

From what I get, each Ayer writes down his own deductions independently of each other, so the answers may be different from player to player.

Do I have to put together all the players's suspicions, or do they have to agree on a single solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ta-Te Wu
United States
ALHAMBRA
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
I don't understand this sentence in the scoring section of the rules:
If players together as a team successfully deduce all three elements....

From what I get, each Ayer writes down his own deductions independently of each other, so the answers may be different from player to player.

Do I have to put together all the players's suspicions, or do they have to agree on a single solution?

"If players together as a team successfully deduce all three elements...."

For example, if the answer is T2, W5, L3

Player A has T2, W5
Player B has T2
Player C has W5
Hence no one found the correct answer to Location, assassination took place and players lost.

The purpose is to simulate real life crime solving case. People always have pieces of information, but when the time is up, is it enough to prevent assassination before it takes place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No - not a single solution. You just put together all the suspicions and make sure that all of the hidden elements are covered.

For example, in a 3 player game you might have the following guesses at the end of the game:

Player 1: T3, W1, L3
Player 2: T2, W1, L4
Player 3: T6, W1, L3

Actual Hidden Elements: T3, W1, L4

In this case, the players as a team have deduced all three hidden elements - even though each player made at least one mistake in their guess. (It's important to note that that individual guesses do matter and are usually one of the most important parts of individual scoring.)

If Player 1 had guessed a different target, or if Player 2 had guessed a different location, then everyone would lose because the group couldn't correctly deduce all three elements.

[Edit: Too slow!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so to put it in another way you just put all the players' guesses together and see if they cover the right solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.