Popular Tags: [View All]
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, for the icons on the cards, he looks similar with Xenophon from the Leaders expansion.
But the descriptions for them are quite different each other.

Let's compare them:
Quote:
Xenophon grants 2 coins for each commercial structure (yellow card) that the player builds FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. The coins are taken from the bank, at the moment when the structure are built.

Quote:
From the moment he enters play, Diocletian earns 2 coins for each black card that the player builds.

Both icons on the cards have each a dashed arrow to the right.
But the discription for Diocletian states the player who builds it rather than the one on their right.
I see that the editor missed some words.

EDIT: modified the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
I think, for the icons on the cards, he looks similar with Xenophon from the Leaders expansion.
But the descriptions for them are quite different each other.

Let's compare them:
Quote:
Xenophon grants 2 coins for each commercial structure (yellow card) that the player builds FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. The coins are taken from the bank, at the moment when the structure are built.

Quote:
From the moment he enters play, Diocletian earns 2 coins for each black card that the player builds.

Both icons on the cards have each a dashed arrow to the right.
But the discription for Diocletian states the player who builds it rather than the one on their right.
I see that the editor missed some words.

EDIT: modified the title.

These are effectively the same. The dashed arrow used is for "this point forward" and does not mean "player to the right." (A player to the left or right is usually denoted by a triangular arrow - for example the Diplomat's Guild)

So both of this cards gain you 2 coins for the card type from this point forward (you do not get paid for buildings you have already built).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We know a dashed means that each time the player in the direction does something because we've ever played and read Leaders expansion.
But I think that not all players did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
We know a dashed means that each time the player in the direction does something because we've ever played and read Leaders expansion.
But I think that not all players did.

NO. The dashed line does NOT mean the next player. Either I misunderstand your question or you misunderstand the rules.

The dashed arrow represents TIME, not PLAYERS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
We know a dashed means that each time the player in the direction does something...

This is wrong, it means: When YOU do something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seemed to misunderstand the rules on Leaders expansion.
I have to teach the rules to my friends once again.
Thanks for the corrections.

Anyway, two different editors must have written the two rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
Anyway, two different editors must have written the two rules.

Nope. Same team, a year or so apart.

Both are correct, but they should have had the same verbage for consistency. This is my fault, as I didn't check my Leaders rules when working on Cities.

Rest assured that future expansions will be worded like Xenophon.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:

Could you shed some light on what expansion we can expect in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reid666 wrote:
Gamethyme wrote:

Could you shed some light on what expansion we can expect in the future

No on two fronts:

1) I haven't seen them, yet, so I have no actual knowledge other than that they are coming (which is no secret - early news on the base game listed seven or eight expansions).

2) Even if I had seen them already, it's not my place to drop spoilers. I'm not technically under an NDA, but I behave as though I were because I like working with Asmodee and Repos and the others.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to be spoiled for the title, either go to the Strategicon website: http://www.strategicon.net, and read up about the special guest for the next convention and his schedule, or, read the spoiler below:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
7 Wonders: Armada

or if you really want to be spoiled, actually attend Strategicon Gateway coming up in a week and a half in Los Angeles, and acquire information from the source himself and with your own eyes (see the above reference to the schedule).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:
If you want to be spoiled for the title, either go to the Strategicon website: http://www.strategicon.net, and read up about the special guest for the next convention and his schedule, or, read the spoiler below:

or if you really want to be spoiled, actually attend Strategicon Gateway coming up in a week and a half in Los Angeles, and acquire information from the source himself and with your own eyes (see the above reference to the schedule).

And it will be awesome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:

That's great news! I hope there will some report from playtest or maybe even official preview/comments on this expansion! The name sounds like it will add even more interaction between players, that's awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.