Zombicide» Forums » Reviews

Subject: My review of a great game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I unboxed the game a week on the 18th. played with friends that night. Even though it took a while to understand the rules due to the rulebook's dis-organization, we did ok.

Our session was fun and entertaining. Everyone wants to play again and have a bigger game.

I've played several games since and have not won one yet. the zombies all seem to win pretty easy. One critical mistake and it's all over. Lose one survivor and you're lunch meat.

I instigated a house rule to allow you to "loot" a body when they fall. you've got one round to do it before the items are lost and a walker is placed in thier place.

The only thing that I feel detrimental to my games is the fact that I run out of Zombies way too fast. I have the abomination level, so I have 1 1/2 the mount of zombies in a normal game. and I used up all the walkers easlilly enough... and that was with two spawn points on a 2x3 board!

The only other thing I can't stand is that I need more differnt walkers! I want an expansion for this game already and it's not even hit the shelves at my local gaming store!

Plus, I want zombie versions of the original player characters, in grey so that I can place them down when they die.

I give the game 8/10 a 2 point loss due to the rulebook and the fact that I need more walkers! I like big games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can you use zombies from Last Night on Earth (assuming you have the game)? or, any of the "bags of zombies" avail many places online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Dx

Rowlett
Texas
msg tools
I found that part of the game strategy was killing enough zombies to keep the spawn stock at safe levels. In games played so far we keep an eye out and plan attacks to restock that spawn pile.

I played this with my kids, rules and mechanics are simply and easy to explain. This is surprisingly a fun game that forces good teamwork and coordination of actions. Models look good and well as the boards.

I score this 9/10 wil the hit being on price. I paid less for Gears of War and had a bit better quality items. If this was more in the $60 MSRP range I bet this game would be on many a Christmas lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian o
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many more zombies do we need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wouldn't more "extra zombies" distort the rules? shouldn't you attack/plan based on the fact that there are not many zombies to enter the board at a particular time? i'm guessing that an extra 25-30 zombies would def tilt the game in their favor, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
I've been playing with the extra tray of Zombies and definitely finding that the extra figures makes the in book scenarios pretty easy. The extra turns are what make the zombies really dangerous and when that never happens, it's pretty easy for the team to handle just about anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a zombie horde on the table I am not a fan of the "extra turn" the zombies get. it's like a temporary burst of speed.

if you do a search on the net, you'll find all kinds of zombies that might fit the bill. I ordered a pack of zombies that you put together. I will post pics when that arrives and see what the size variance is. it should be pretty perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if the scale is right, but reaper has these for $4.49 for 3:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77014

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has glued these guys thumbs to their heads? No wonder they are upset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McCormick
England
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Camp disco zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.