Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Can a Hawkeye use its special abilities to ignore events more than once
? I suppose it can, since the rules doesn't mention about its restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume if the Hawkeye becomes "unfit" due to stress or is damaged you would NOT use it's advantage

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i could not find anything in the rules or the FAQ file, so thus topic seemed ok:

If ab an E2-C negates an "XP 1" event, do you still gain the the XP?
I ruled no, because technically, the Hawkeye helped evade the threat, so the pilots were not challenged. Gamevise, my use of the resources allowed me to master the event, so one could also rule that the XP is awarded. Any official answer?

As a side note, is it intentional that no over-target event card grants extra XP? Typically the middle part of the card is also pretty nasty when the target-bound or home-bound part of the card grants extra XP, but the over-target part never specifcally says so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about an official rule, but I'd rule as you did; avoid the challenge - avoid the reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I don't remember where I saw it but there was answer from DVG that you resolve card text if possible. I think it was about evasion or ECM roll when event occured. I'm not sure if it would apply in this case.

Edit:
Below is question and answer I got in my mind but I can't say if it would apply in this case.

Quote:
Q: In the event card SAM Sites, who gets to expend the counter? Any plane in the squadron or
the random aircraft being attacked? Can one plane discard multiple counters to negate all the
attacks?
Can the same aircraft be picked more than once or do they have to be 4 different aircraft?
Does every plane get the bonus 1XP or just the ones involved in the attack?

Quote:

A: : Any plane can expand. A plane can expend more than one counter.
An aircraft can end up being randomly picked more than once.
All planes present during the Event get the bonus 1XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it applies, because in this case the question is if the canceled event did "take place"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.