United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading two books simultaneously, something I don't often do for the weird synergies that can arise, much like having an aardvark mate with the Battle of Gettysburg only to ejaculate the spray of blood, bone and brain matter of an unrifled ball smacking the cap off some farmboy's head, the droplets of which are a fractal pattern of tiny, fighting aardvarks in Union and Rebel attire, locked in Penrose-tiled combat forever...

Anyway.

So while the above is just an example of what can happen, here's the real one that arose, unbidden, just now:

Take the humble main battle tank:

and wonder at how crawling into that dark, sweaty, noisy place, sealing the hatch and then driving around blowing things up is a pantomime of the mystery of regression and rebirth, the quintuplets of the crew conceived and born again each time from that murderous metal womb.

And now I have to spend all day with that rattling around in my head. But so do you. So do you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think my personal record is having 8 books in progress. I think I read a chapter or two of each per day until all were done, save for one book, whose title escapes me, which was stolen from my place of employment. No real issues beyond some short term memory issues. I found that 6-8 was my limit as to how many I could read at the same time without losing information. No blending of any elements between the books, thankfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
No blending of any elements between the books, thankfully.

Never experienced this either, when reading several books simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Munson
United States
Rushford
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Let's PLAY!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always attributed it to my OCD. I can't read just one book at a time. I average four at a time. There are too many books and too little time to read just one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stickerooni wrote:
I always attributed it to my OCD. I can't read just one book at a time. I average four at a time. There are too many books and too little time to read just one.

I try to read 1 at a time, but have occasionally read up to 3 or 4 books concurrently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I have more of a tendency to interrupt one book with another book. Once the second is finished, then I'll sometimes go back and finish the first.

I think I've only ever juggled/alternated between multiple books a few times, but that was mostly because one needed to be read for school.

EDIT: And I just realized I'm the a-hole who revives a 3-month old thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sometimes read two at once, but since I'm one of those weird, extraordinarily fast readers you hear about, I usually just read one at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.