Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Tudor
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question to those lucky people who played Relic at GenCon, is the roll and move mechanic from Talisman still used or is there a new method of moving round the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not play it, but I have read it is still roll and move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played, and yes - still roll and move. Some cards can be discarded to use their power as your roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
t_knotts wrote:
I played, and yes - still roll and move. Some cards can be discarded to use their power as your roll.

Well, at least that's something. Roll and move is my only real gripe with Talisman. Every turn there's only a one sixth chance you can go where you want. Man, I hate that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preview pics show hero powers & allies that affect movement and quest/equipment/corruption cards that require a decision from the player. So I expect Relic will play less random and have more decision-making vs Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Weber
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Inquisitor, and IIRC he had a built in move ability. Not sure if the rest had a move option or not, but it did take some of the randomness out as you could 'reset' your location to one spot...I think...10 minutes for a demo wasn't enough time to get all the nuances in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tudor
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for their replies. I'm jealous of you all for having played this and so far the feedback looks like I might want to get this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.