Subject: General Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vic Weaver
Greece
Lefkas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having obtained this game recently and having being captivated by it, hence my score of 9 out of ten, I still can't resist some suggestions for possible improvement, just my nature I suppose.
I am basing my thoughts on the fact that so far I have only played 2 and 3 player games.
For me it is a major advantage to draw either Palermo-Moskva or Copenhagen-Erzerum as your original "long" ticket. In the early stages of the game when no-one is sure where anyone is going, obtaining the long routes (Palermo-Athina) and (Copenhagen-Petrograd) are comparatively easy to obtain and give a major advantage - (helping to complete the long routes and fulfilling your tickets).
The longer routes (i.e the two six routes and the eight route) are more valuable than collecting more of the extra tickets - which I think perhaps detracts from the game.
For me I think that it should be structured towards trying to fulfil as many tickets as possible rather than just going for the three longer routes.
Anyone have similar thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been toying with the idea of having a "Ticket Driven" game. The points for track sections are to be eliminated. Everything else is the same. As in, points for unused stations, completed tickets, and longest route.

I've always found the "track section" point feature very fiddley. Also, the person/s who have won the last several games have kept 2 tickets and just built long track sections like the 8er and 6ers. This just feels "wrong" to me.

With the variant, I'm hoping that the game will come down to the person who can best fit the tickets they pick in the most efficient way.

Anyone with more experience with the game than I have, (you DoW online people?) please comment if you see a big flaw with this change.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Weaver
Greece
Lefkas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that, like me Matt, you are talking two player games. For me the way to win two player games is to complete your longest route and get two out of 3 of the 6-8 length routes. This, I feel goes against the spirit of the game. Your theory on tickets is quite interesting, but I think a better option is to somehow award more points for completed tickets, I am not sure of the ratios yet, may be add 25% or 33% to the value of each completed ticket. I also think that for each 2,3 or 4 length tunnel that there should be an added bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.