Popular Tags: [View All]
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Have any of you played with Brunak yet? Have you noticed some problems with his "carrying" ability? What happens if he is killed (by engagement/disengagement) rolls while carrying someone? Can he drop someone off over a bridge wall? Does anyone know of any new offical rules governing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules cover this as is. His ability says to place the figure adjacent to him at the end of his move. It doesn't matter if he is killed by disengagement as he would not be around for you to place your fig. And since the figure must be placed adjacent to him then there is no falling damage. In fact falling damage only happens when a fig is moved and not when it is placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Either you misunderstood or I didn't explain myself properly. Suppose that ON THE WAY TO A NEW LOCATION (after having picked up a figure and already moved 3 spaces, for example), Brunak is killed because he enters and then exits an opponent figure's immediate adjacency and suffers a hit that causes his death, does the figure he was carrying just fall off his back or what? Secondly, review the bridge wall rules to see what I mean (if you have them, if not don't bother responding because you won't know what I mean).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
faartknocker wrote:
Have any of you played with Brunak yet? Have you noticed some problems with his "carrying" ability? What happens if he is killed (by engagement/disengagement) rolls while carrying someone?

The drop off occurs after the movement is complete. If Brunak dies during the movement his movement is clearly complete and the carried figure should be placed in an space adjacent to where Brunak was when he died.

Quote:
Can he drop someone off over a bridge wall? Does anyone know of any new offical rules governing this?

The figure must be dropped of so that it is adjacent to Brunak. Thus as long as adjacency criteria are met (regarding figure height and elevation) the figure can be dropped there.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Octavian's answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, common sense prevails!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
First of all, thank you MATHEW for your response. It makes sense to me even though I'm not sure it's officially the way to play it (the way designers intended).

Secondly, I find Chad's remark offensive. Is he suggesting that because I asked a question that I lack common sense? I think it is a direct and unprovoked attack on me. I would like him to clarify what he meant. Otherwise I would like the moderators to demand that he apologize to me or at the very least to warn him and remove his post. I have written far less stabbing responses in the past and have suffered to have them removed. Unless there is a severe double standard here, I think the moderators must respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Touchy touchy! : )

I think he may have meant "Hurrah for the game! The rules are SO clear that we can figure it out without errata from the company!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't meant to be an attack on you, faartknocker, and I'm sorry if it sounded like one. It just seems to me that almost every HeroScape rules question so far has been answered by simple interpretations of the rules based on common sense.

The rule for Brunak says that you drop off the rider in an adjacent space after movement is complete. As Matthew said, Brunak's movement is complete if he dies, so the rider would be dropped into an adjacent space. As far as the question about dropping a rider over a wall goes, the card says you can drop into an adjacent space. Just follow the rules of adjacency, and there's your answer.

Again, sorry if my remark seemed cutting. I just find it great that the ruleset for HeroScape is so clear that almost any question with the rules boils down to common sense using other game rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid to call you by your handle, L.G., as you may take it as an insult!

And thanks for promoting petty censorship on the Geek. Octavian needs no encouragement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You can call me anything I call myself, davidme. Also, what's this about "petty" censorship? Are you suggesting that my esteemed moderator, Mathew (A.K.A. Octavian), engages in petty censorship? If so, you should take it up with him. I can no more make him censor others than I can make him stop censoring me. I think he has censored me more than any other single member here. I may be wrong, but I'm at least in the top 3. At any rate, I find that your insinuation that I'm a hypocrite for being offended when others call me names, while I call myself worse, to be erroneous and offensive. I will seek to have it censored! LOL, just kidding. I can take a joke. I just can't stand people who can dish it out but can't take it themselves. Know what I mean? I bet YOU do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.