Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Intro scenario and a few things were not made clear during the explanation. I'm wondering if I'm reading these points correctly from the rule book:

Ice, Fire and IceFire blocks work normally against physical attacks (they block the full amount).

Siege attacks work like range attacks on normal units and can be combined with ranged attack. Range and Siege Attacks can be added to the Attack instead of during ranged attacks.

It is not the end of the world to take wound cards, particularly if the fame will level you up. Fame is not found by the meek. Unblocked is undesired, but not that bad when you are only taking 1 or two wounds and the fight will level you up.

The starting deck has one card which will heal 1 or 2 wounds, and you can always rest discarding one non-wound card plus any other wound cards in your hand before drawing up; this can be done anywhere, not just in town.

As part of a village interaction you can heal a wound in your hand (return to wound deck) for 3 Influence (or two at a monestary).

Did I get these points correct? Is there a particular FAQ you would recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You cannot combine siege and ranged attack as they are different things.

Either or both can be combined with regular attack during the regular attack phase, but in the siege or ranged attack phase at the start of battle, they cannot be combined.

Rulebook is clear and I was mistaken. Apologies for the misinformation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, everything you wrote was correct.

dkeisen wrote:

Either or both can be combined with regular attack during the regular attack phase, but in the siege or ranged attack phase at the start of battle, they cannot be combined.

This statement is not correct. Against an unfortified enemy, you may combine ranged and siege attack to kill it before it attacks you. For example, you may combine advanced Crushing Bolt (Siege Attack 3) and advanced Swiftness (Ranged Attack 3) to kill a Minotaur (Armor 5) before it attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
Is there a particular FAQ you would recommend?

Yes: Official Rules FAQ Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

Hmm... I think you can, at least in the way the OP is asking about. If you have 1 Siege attack and 3 ranged attack against an unfortified enemy with armor 4, you can use both of those attacks during the Siege/Ranged attack step for a total of 4 attack to kill the enemy before they get to attack. The only difference between Siege attack and Ranged attack is that Siege attack can also be used on fortified enemies (as long as they're not double-fortified).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot to ask about the 3 small mana dots on the card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.