Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Schindler
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I has wondering if BGG could create a new category (s) under the board game micro badge.

There are men and women who do very good work on games that don't get recognized and I believe they should!

Some of the categories I was thinking of are:

Developers - I think these folks really tie the designers ideas together to make things work.

Artists and/or Illustrators - With the onset of computer driven graphic art software and their talent, maps and the other components are just beautiful now.

Play tester(s) and play test groups - some of the unsung heroes of the gaming world. How many times have you heard some say "Was this POS play tested???"

I don't know how to go about make the badges. As my high school art teacher told me years ago, I can't even draw attention!

Some of the people I wold like to see are Todd Davis, Don Johnson, Dean Essig, Mark Simonitch, Tony Curtis, Nicolás Eskubi,Mark Mahaffey, Steve Paschal, to name a very few.

Let me know what you think. I think these folks should get the recognition they deserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, my friend.

However, I just looked and there already is a Nicolas Eskubi badge. Well deserved, I might add...(just bought it!)

Can't believe there's no Dean Essig badge! A gross omission! Somebody rectify this!shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gendron
Canada
Chambly
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's my micro-badge already?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get in line, Gab. Get in line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
gap10 wrote:

However, I just looked and there already is a Nicolas Eskubi badge. Well deserved, I might add...(just bought it!)

Also one for Mark Mahaffey. I own both his and Nicolas Eskubi's. Two very talented artists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Post your microbadge requests here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/9841976 (Official microbadge thread)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
'moi' shall 'apportion' just as much 'props' untoward them as these reciprocated WITH; of which is: NONE! While, at least I've HAD 2 'microbadges' created for myself so far over and beyond than 'nada', of which those have yet for: A-N-Y-!...
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.