Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When this card is played and the precondition is met so you go into the plot flowchart (9.4.2) if you get all the way to Radicalization without placing a plot. What should take precedence? The card so follow the random country rules in 9.5? Or the plot flowchart and instead of placing 2 plots you radicalize?

If you radicalize, how many ops do you use to radicalize? Its a 3 op card, but you are not technically using it for ops...?

Or do you not get to place 2 plots or even radicalize?

Hopefully Volko can respond on this one unless this has already come up before. I couldn't find it in my searching.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure Volko will be here in a minute, but if all else fails, you would just select, at random using dice/charts, among any regions where you had a cell that is also eligible.

So, your situation was you didn't have any cells, or they were all in IR countries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Sure Volko will be here in a minute, but if all else fails, you would just select, at random using dice/charts, among any regions where you had a cell that is also eligible.

So, your situation was you didn't have any cells, or they were all in IR countries?

Neither. You can get all the way through the plot flow chart, in particular when Jihad funding is already at max, where placing a plot isn't the best option and instead of placing a plot you are suppose to radicalize.

If I never got an answer from Volko, I think I'd probably house rule it as a 3 OP radicalization. Since the whole purpose of not placing plots at that point is because they just aren't as effective for the Jihadist as other options through radicalization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I am out and about, so can't reference the game, but as a general rule the AI does stupid thing sometimes. That is built into it. Joel could speak on this much better, but the radicalization, for Ops only, balances these bad AI event plays. Those poor Jihadist events do happen though, by the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Right. The issue isn't the event not happening. That is not the question. This issue is what happens when you try to do the event, execute the plot, hit the plot flowchart to figure out where to plot and get all the way to radicalization.

Seems like the Martyrdom Ops cards would need special mention at this point (like other cards are specially mentioned in solo rules) that says to either place 2 plots in random elegible country or do radicalization with X ops. That is the question.

Perhaps the event just fails and no plots are placed. But with no official ruling, I'd probably err on the side of making the AI more difficult, which I why I'd consider making some sort of radicalization house rule. If the plot flowchart gets all the way to radicalization, it basically means any plots placed right now is a waste of time and as the US player in a solo game, I certainly wouldn't spend any effort in stopping those plots from firing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Is the issue you have no legal targets? You miss all the criteria, and funding is at 9. Or, that there are no "good" targets? Seems unlikely, but possible, for the former.

If you need more of a challenge, there are several levels of difficulty. I find it best to keep the AI consistent, and not think for it. When you get nipped by a few deep radicalization cards, in close proximity, you will be thankful for the AI doing stupid things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all your input Ken. Perhaps my attempt at clear explanation over explained and caused confustion.

No legal targets based upon the plot flowchart. Many legal targets if it was not solitaire (so countries exist with cells), but none come up after going through plot flowchart in solo play.

Plot flow chart gets all the way to radicalization but its not an Op its an event Martyrdom Operations. Do you

A) Do nothing. No plots gets placed, no radicalization is performed.
B) Perform radicalization, but with how many Ops points? It wasn't an op it was an event.
C) Place Plots in random eligible country.

Not trying to make the game harder or easier, just trying to follow the rules for solitaire play.

I also do not think for the AI. Its tough enough, especially at higher difficulty levels. Thus I'm just trying to follow the rules to the letter, but completely unsure what to do in this instance as I can't find anything in the rules how to handle it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Dave, does 9.4.2.1 first bullet answer your question?

It seems to me that it should, but there is probably something about your question that I misunderstand! Let me know, thanks, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Volko! Somehow I missed that over and over. However my house rule of using it as a 3 op radicalization would of nailed the rule anyway!

Franck - that event can play that was not the issue. Regardless Volkho pointed me to the answer. Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.