Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the design use player pieces to represent where the heroes are located in the world? My daughter is interested in the game, but she hopes there will be a piece for each player! (I think she just likes to fiddle with components while we play).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escapade Crew
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
There will be custom wooden "meeples" included with the game in 6 different shapes and colors. One of them will be used to represent where the party (group of heroes) is on the map all the time, as the party generally goes adventuring together.

We're working on a scenario in which the pieces will be used to represent the heroes as they travel across the map separately, but I'm not 100% sure at this point if that scenario will make it into the base set. We're trying to get as much as we can in there but due to space and cost issues we aren't going to be able to get ALL of our ideas into one box

There will also be lots of other fun bits to play with; each player has a unique talent die and different colored gemstones will be used to track Oomph, Boosts, and Status conditions.

My kids love playing with game pieces too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I just told Amelia (my daughter), and she's pleased about that! I'm also pleased that it's wooden pieces - I much prefer that to plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bennett Hobson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I love that they're wooden "meeples" as well, although, as an avid miniature war gamer, my mind is already turning with which giant to use as Blunderbore and how to do Hobs as miniatures as well. My friends' kids are always wanting to use miniatures in our games, so even if they have no direct impact on the game, I think they'll love the added visuals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.