Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
FryxGames are happy to announce the second edition of Space Station. It is being sent to the factory right now and will be available at Essen 2012 in october.

The first edition was successful and we hope to reach even more people with this great game. It will have upgraded wording and artwork and it will come in a nice new box. We will also be able to set a lower price than last year.

FryxGames is launching production of multiple games this year. Last year's #2 Essen Geekbuzz Wilderness will be available at Essen2012 , as well as the brand new Brawling Barons. We are so excited about these games being published and we have many more games in the pipeline, just waiting for their chance.

Come to our booth, try our games and share the joy of gaming!cool

Original announcement was posted on www.fryxgames.se
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not (yet) in the Spiel 2012 preview list, might be worth it to create mote buzz cool
I'm interested anyway

EDIT: oops it is mentioned but not as a separate item...
blame the titles only view that I use for quick checking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Jo_rik! It is on its way as a separate item also, since it is updated it is counted as a new release. We're working on it! You're welcome to our booth 4-415 in Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gérard Kraus
Luxembourg
Kayl
Luxemburg
flag msg tools
Sci-Fan: Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Radio (Radio ARA)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you list the main differences between the 1st and 2nd editions? I picked up a copy last year and wanted to know what I'm missing out on, or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
And thank you for your support!

There are just a few differences:
1) The box will be smaller, but much better quality.
2) 2011, only 1 module (Weapon Platform) had its own special design. This year, 9 modules will look special
3) Ligher shading of the modules to make them stand out better.
4) Garden will have a new but similar function: crew + 1 MC > add 2 crew.
5) Wording is a little better and some functions slightly altered (for example, you can not play cards for null effect, since the wording has changed from 'up to 2' to '1 or 2').
6) Better price. At Essen: 15€. Expected shelf price: 22€ (in Sweden)
7) Better markers. Tri-beads will be used again for crew (opaque ivory - think space suit) and VP (transparent yellow and blue), but damage will now be marked with red and purple star beads (like explosions). We think these changes will make it easier to differentiate between the markers and make them more thematical.

As you can see, it's mostly cosmetics. To some, that is important and I think that it will be a nicer version to look at and present to the player group, although it is still the same game.

You could buy a new copy and give the old away to a nephew who'll go 'Cool! Now I can build a space station! Wow!' whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be some kind of "upgrade kit" for those who bought the game last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, no upgrade kit for Space Station unfortunately. On the other hand, the new edition will be much cheaper and if you like the game enough, we hope you'll want to buy a new copy. The new edition will also have a few blank cards that you could use to customize your own module or event.
We'll consider if there is something we can do for those who supported us last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there German cards or German text on the cards? Or are there just German rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just german rules. The cards are in english, but use a quite simple and short language; you don't have to be an english expert to read them. If you can't speak english at all, you'll have problems though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Unfortunately while many of my folks might be able to cope, it's somewhat off-putting for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Station is now available from many distributors. If your local shop doesn't have our games, please ask them to order from any of our distributors:

Scandinavia: Bergsala-Enigma
Germany: Pegasus, Brave New World
Great Britain: Esdevium
Canada/USA: Lion Rampant
USA: Alliance
Japan: Arclight

Or you can try one of the following webshops:

France: http://philibertnet.com/fr/
Belgium: http://boardgameshop.eu/
Sweden: http://alphaspel.se/shop/ (only Wilderness)
USA: https://www.funagain.com/control/main

Of course, you can also make a custom order directly from FryxGames

Cheers!
/Jacob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.